PDA

View Full Version : Theatre Tickets

PeterUK
September 26th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Coming over at the end of October for a weekend with my wife may take in a show Moving Out ? possibly. Would appreciate any advice on reliable sites to buy the tickets from.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter.

ManhattanKnight
September 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
movinoutonbroadway.com
ticketmaster.com

lofter1
September 26th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Movin' Out is a terrific choice -- the first act is good (if a bit simplistic). The second act is brilliant.

Tickets have been available on a regular basis at the TKTS booth, as the show has been playing to about 70% capacity for quite some time. The Broadway Movin' Out closes in December, so that last rush for tickets before it closes probably won't start until November.

PeterUK
September 27th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Many thanks, Movin' Out it will be.

Thanks again, Peter.

BrooklynRider
September 27th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Coming over at the end of October for a weekend with my wife may take in a show Moving Out ? possibly. Would appreciate any advice on reliable sites to buy the tickets from.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter.

Go to www.playbill.com. Join the club (it's free). Then, click on club offers. If you are e straight play lover, then get thee over to see "Doubt" or "The Pillowman" - both brilliant.

Musicals, it is different because you do have selections playing in the West End. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is, in my opinion, the best of the lot from this past year. Spamalot won the Tony, but remains a very hot ticket. Christina Applegate is still in Sweet Charity and it was an excellent show.You could go for Hairspray or, if you get here in time, see "Once Around the Sun" off-Broadway at the Zipper Theater. It is headed for Broadway next year.

The Trailer Park Musucal opens soon, so you can gamble on that. Rent & Chicago, Lion King are all strong options.

Crap Shows: Mama Mia, Beauty & The Beast, Wicked.

lofter1
September 27th, 2005, 11:02 AM
get thee over to see "Doubt" or "The Pillowman" - both brilliant.
Unfortunately "Pillowman" closed last week -- while Beauty / Beast & Mamma Mia are entering their umpteenth years -- so much for the public interest in great theatre ;((