PDA

View Full Version : Copying Text - Paragraph Spacing

ZippyTheChimp
October 8th, 2005, 12:23 PM
I am not certain if this problem began right after the forum software upgrade, but I noticed it at about the same time.

Normally, when I copy/paste text from a news source onto a post, the blank lines between paragraphs are included in the format.

Lately, the post copy omits these blank lines, and I have been putting them back myself. The problem shows up with various sources, and is commin to IE and Firefox.

Is anyone else having this problem? Am I missing some option in the forum software or in IE and Firefox?

lofter1
October 8th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Lately, the post copy omits these blank lines, and I have been putting them back myself.
I've noticed that formatting seems to have a mind of its own, particularly with the spacing.

Kris
October 10th, 2005, 03:37 AM
What a pain in the ass.

NYatKNIGHT
October 10th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Same. Changes font size occasionally too.

ZippyTheChimp
December 13th, 2005, 09:01 AM
For those that copy and paste long text articles:

I found a solution to paragraph-spacing.

You need to use Firefox 1.5 browser. Free download here (http://www.mozilla.com/). It's faster than IE, and less prone to virus and spyware.

In the upper right of the message box, toggle the "A" box, Switch Editor Mode. The background field will turn white.

The only problem is that any formatted links in the copied text will no longer be clickable. So if you want the links to remain, stay in the default mode.

ryan
December 13th, 2005, 10:27 AM
You can also copy the text into a text editor app (I use, uh, TextEdit on mac), which will remove the html formatting, which I think is causing the problem. This removes links the same as Zippy's method though. I've also had text look wrong just after copying it, but when I preview it, it looks fine. Something with the edit box in vbulletin...

lofter1
December 14th, 2005, 09:08 AM
The text copying as-is sure has a mind of it's own. Spacing goes completely whacky for no apparent reason.

I do my best to make my posts look "good" and easily-to-read, but sometimes the effort seems futile :(