PDA

View Full Version : Any idea of a cheap accommodation in NY

indira
October 9th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Hello...

I`m looking for a cheap accommodation in NY, Central / Manhatten, for the spring time.
Will arrive with my mother, father in law and my hubby. So we are 4 pax, guess we need two twin-bed rooms.

Does anyone have an idea where to stay??

Thank you for your help!

yours Indira

Schadenfrau
October 10th, 2005, 10:59 AM
What constitutes cheap?

ablarc
October 10th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Youth hostel cheap? Adults are unlikely to find that satisfactory.

Fleabag hotel cheap? Think of it as a place to flop. Might be a problem with security for your belongings. Decrepit, but less than $150 per room per night.

Respectable hotel cheap? Don't expect to pay much less than $200 per room per night. Remember, quoted rates don't generally include taxes. And you'll be surprised at the extra-cost items that wander onto your bill.

How long are you planning to stay, and when exactly? For longer stays, there might be alternatives.

BrooklynRider
October 10th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Hotel Carter 43rd between 7th & 8th Ave.

Travel Lodge West 42nd Street at 10th Ave.

jiw40
October 11th, 2005, 08:10 PM
You want a twin bed for your mother and your father in law to stay in?EWWWW!

HarlemRep
October 11th, 2005, 10:06 PM
You won't find anything 'cheap' in midtown that's worth anything at all, but downtown in the financial district has some good values. I stayed at a Holiday Inn on Gold Street that was decent for like 90 a night.

If you must be in midtown, Hotel Pennsylvania can go for around 100 or so, and the rooms are decent size, but it's not particularly nice.