PDA

View Full Version : New York to Toronto

joe_ireland
October 9th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Can anyone please advise me how I can get from NY city to Toronto, the quickest route and how long it might take and how much it would cost.
Thanks

macreator
October 9th, 2005, 09:27 AM
The plane ride from New York City to Toronto is just about an hour I believe.

ryan
October 9th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I'd say flying is the only way to go NYC to TO - it's at least a 10 hour drive (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=from%3A+new+york,+ny+to%3A+toronto,+canada&f=d&hl=en) (google maps don't account for traffic). I don't know about an exact estimate, but unless you're traveling with more than two people, the cost of a rental car, gas and tolls would probably not justify the length of the trip. By train it's an even longer 12 hours and $82 each way.

Are you going for a specific reason? If you just want to see a Canadian city, I'd suggest you check out Montreal first. It's much closer, you can take a train right there (or it's a 5-6 hour drive) and it's arguably a more fun city to see, though it's not nearly as big and doesn't have the tall buildings that Toronto has.

joe_ireland
October 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys will probably end up flying as any other route just seems way too long.

Gab
October 11th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I'd say flying is the only way to go NYC to TO - it's at least a 10 hour drive (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=from%3A+new+york,+ny+to%3A+toronto,+canada&f=d&hl=en) (google maps don't account for traffic). I don't know about an exact estimate, but unless you're traveling with more than two people, the cost of a rental car, gas and tolls would probably not justify the length of the trip. By train it's an even longer 12 hours and $82 each way.

Are you going for a specific reason? If you just want to see a Canadian city, I'd suggest you check out Montreal first. It's much closer, you can take a train right there (or it's a 5-6 hour drive) and it's arguably a more fun city to see, though it's not nearly as big and doesn't have the tall buildings that Toronto has. I never been in Toronto, I went in NYC twice and I'm in Montreal almost everyday.

TLOZ Link5
October 11th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Gab, how intense is the rivalry between Toronto and Montreal?

Canadian
October 11th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I live in Toronto & the only rivalry we have with Montreal is hockey! And I have to agree that Montreal is a more interesting city than Toronto.

Gab
October 14th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Gab, how intense is the rivalry between Toronto and Montreal? Hockey and club. Most people told me they prefer to go in Montreal bar instead of Toronto. Many businesses moved in Toronto in Montreal and I think it's not so good but the online business replace those business. Severals Americans chose Montreal to get cheap rent for their businesses, to get the medicare card when they decide to stay in Montreal. 3 Americans told me they get better treatment from the Quebec's doctor than in United States. One of them told me:"You might wait for long time to get a doctor but you get a excellent treatment and I don't complain about it".