PDA

View Full Version : help!! what can we do??

suzie Q
October 17th, 2005, 07:49 AM
My boyfriend and I are visiting New York for a week on 20th November. I want him to see all the sights as weel as some funky and interesting places, I visited and fell in love with the city years ago, and cant remember what I did when I was there!!
We are staying in centeral Park West and will be doing all the touristy stuff but want to know about night time and unknown gems.

lofter1
October 17th, 2005, 09:20 AM
You probably already know this, but in case you don't:

You'll be in town for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (Thursday, Nov. 24) which goes right down Central Park West. On the night before the parade (Wed. night) they start inflating the balloons in the vicinity of CPW & W. 77th St., so it's a great opportunity to catch this action.

http://www1.macys.com/campaign/parade/info.jsp?dst=info

Search this forum and read other posts as lots of info can be found in previous replies.

suzie Q
October 17th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Sorry to be thick, I didnt realise we were there for Thanksgiving!!

Are most shops open or shut on the day? Will it be easy for us to find restaurants open? Are tourist attractions open???

BrooklynRider
October 17th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Everything will be open. Thanksgiving day some stores are likely to be closed, but you are coming during a very exciting time. It will be great. Check out the "things to do" threads and ask any questions there.

bishop
October 17th, 2005, 02:48 PM
if u like 2 party chek out

http://www.nyavalon.com/index.jsp

they have astrix? in NYC?!?

hehe
too funky..
i dunno whats the pricing there but over here we can have this for 15$ and drinks around 2$
ok we dont have this nice location thats for sure

lofter1
October 17th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Thanksgiving!!

Are most shops open or shut on the day? Will it be easy for us to find restaurants open? Are tourist attractions open???
It used to be that everything pretty much shut down, but not anymore. A lotof Broadway shows do matinees, no eveing shows that day. You'll find things a little bit more limited on Thursday, but still plenty to do. And by Friday everything is crazy again.

Canadian
October 23rd, 2005, 10:48 AM
I imagine all the Christmas things will be going full blast. The Radio City Show, the tree at The Rock, the store windows.... & won't the top of the Rock be open to visitors by then?