PDA

View Full Version : Death of a Horse Lover

lofter1
October 19th, 2005, 09:23 AM
How long will it take for this video to hit the internet?

Trespassing charged in horse-sex case

By Jennifer Sullivan
Seattle Times staff reporter

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002569751_horsesex19m.html

An Enumclaw-area man who authorities say helped run a farm where people had sex with animals — and where a Seattle man died doing so with a horse — was charged with a misdemeanor yesterday.

Police began investigating James Tait, 54, and another man who lived at the rural Southeast King County farm after the Seattle man died of injuries suffered during intercourse with a horse in the summer, Enumclaw police said.

The criminal-trespassing charge stems from a July 2 bestiality session involving Tait, the 45-year-old Seattle man and a horse in a neighbor's barn, charging papers say. According to the King County Medical Examiner's Office, the Seattle man died of acute peritonitis due to perforation of the colon.
Attempts to contact Tait yesterday were unsuccessful.

King County prosecutors say it's the most-severe charge they could file; Washington is one of more than a dozen states that does not outlaw bestiality.

"There is no evidence of injury to the animal to support animal-cruelty charges," said Dan Satterberg, the county prosecutor's chief of staff. "This is the only crime we can charge."

When interviewed by The Seattle Times July 15, the horse's owners said they had known their neighbors for years. The couple, who asked to have their names withheld to protect their privacy, said they were shocked when police showed them a home video of the July 2 incident that investigators seized from their neighbor's home. The couple identified their barn and their horse.

According to the King County Sheriff's Office, which also investigated, the farm was known in Internet chat rooms as a destination for people who want to have sex with livestock. Authorities didn't learn about the farm until July 2, when a man drove to Enumclaw Community Hospital seeking medical assistance for a companion. Medics wheeled the Seattle man into an examination room and realized he was dead. When hospital workers looked for the man who had dropped him off, he was gone, Enumclaw police said.

Using the dead man's driver's license to track down relatives and acquaintances, investigators were led to the Enumclaw farm.

Because the other man who lived at the farm wasn't there the night the Seattle man died, he wasn't charged with trespassing, Satterberg said. Tait will be arraigned Oct. 27; he faces up to a year in jail and a $5,000 fine if convicted.

The Seattle man isn't being identified because his family asked that his name not be released.

The man's brother said he understands that prosecutors can't file a felony charge but remains disappointed that Tait wouldn't face more than a year behind bars.

In the wake of the man's death, State Sen. Pam Roach, R-Auburn, has said she plans to draft legislation making bestiality illegal in Washington.

Copyright © 2005 The Seattle Times Company (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/news/general/copyright.html)

Ninjahedge
October 19th, 2005, 11:12 AM
the Seattle man died of acute peritonitis due to perforation of the colon

Ummmmmmmm..........

Ew?

TLOZ Link5
October 19th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah, just what I was thinking. I really can't fathom the logistics involved.

lofter1
October 19th, 2005, 12:21 PM
We'll just have to wait for that "home video" ...

Jasonik
October 19th, 2005, 01:49 PM
The Need for Steed Special Snuff Edition

Ninjahedge
October 19th, 2005, 02:24 PM
The horses name?

Ben Dover.

TLOZ Link5
October 19th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Hung Like A...You Get The Idea.

Ninjahedge
October 19th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Well........

Just a simple case of poor Horse-Man-Ship.

Or would that be Man-Horse Ship? (A little bare-back riding?)

specmike
December 3rd, 2005, 04:02 PM
I have no idea what type of forum this. I found you via Google while'st my morbid curiosity compelled me to search for more on this topic.

Apparently, the horses name is Big Dick.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0545/051109_news_horsesex.php

However, the article is not clear on if that is the owners name for the horse or perhaps just that of his fan club.

NEED FOR STEED! Oh my god is that funny.

On a side note, as a resident of Georgia, I was relieved to find that this did not occur in the south. Atleast, there are no documented cases;)

Mike.

lofter1
December 3rd, 2005, 04:27 PM
^ You couldn't make this stuff up ...

Zoo dating!! Who knew?

PS: This is a great NYC forum focusing mainly on buildings / skyscrapers / architectural; this one sub-forum helps to keep us laughting / thinking ...

BrooklynRider
December 4th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Well........

Just a simple case of poor Horse-Man-Ship.

Or would that be Man-Horse Ship? (A little bare-back riding?)

Horse-Man-SLIP

lofter1
December 30th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Horse Sex Story Tops 'Seattle Times' Most Popular List for 2005 -- But Here's Why

By Greg Mitchell
December 30, 2005

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001772383

NEW YORK After reviewing the number of hits top local stories at his newspaper's Web site got in 2005, Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat concludes today, "As I look back at the year in news, it's clear I should have focused more on people having sex with horses."

Indeed, four of the most-clicked stories on the Web site this year, including the No. 1 finisher ("by far"), had to do with the same incident: the man who died from a perforated colon while having sex with a horse in nearby Enumclaw. The farm was known on the Internet as a "destination site" for all kinds of sex with animals.

Westneat says, referring to the most popular list, "It's not a survey of what news you say you read. It's what you actually read.

"In fact, the No. 1 horse sex story may have been "the most widely read material this paper has published in its 109-year history. I don't know whether to ignore this alarming factoid or to embrace it." He added: "Or, maybe, some of us are not giving readers enough of what you really want."

But this may all be highly misleading.

E&P also ran a Web story on the horse incident last summer, focusing, of course, on how the local press handled this seamy story, and it, too, proved to be massively popular. But as with the Seattle Times' No. 1 piece -- and unmentioned in Westneat's column -- the major reason for the traffic spike was a link on the outrageously popular Drudge Report Web site.

In other words, this was not our core audience -- and in the case of the Seattle paper, not their core audience either. In fact, it wasn't even "local" but national and international. After analyzing Web traffic, we discovered that the E&P story was also picked up on various fetish and humor sites, and this no doubt happened with the Times' story as well.

With that in mind, the story really should be moved down in the Seattle rankings. And at least one of the other horse sex stories at the paper also made Drudge.

No doubt the stories gained a tremendous number of local eyeballs beyond Drudge. But editors need to analyze where traffic is coming from before jumping to conclusions on what a core audience really wants. Besides, how many horse sex death cases can you count on?

2005 VNU eMedia Inc (http://www.vnuemedia.com/).

lofter1
January 15th, 2006, 12:44 AM
'Gay horse' case dropped

ANGUS HOWARTH
The Scotsman
Fri 13 Jan 2006

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=57112006

AN OXFORD University student who called a policeman's horse "gay" will not be prosecuted.

But police stood by their decision to take him to court for "homophobic comments" after the Crown Prosecution Service yesterday dropped the case.

Sam Brown, 21, from Belfast, approached the mounted officer during a night out in Oxford after his final exams last May, and said: "Excuse me, do you realise your horse is gay?" Moments later, two police cars appeared and he was arrested under the Public Order Act.

English literature graduate Mr Brown, then at Balliol College, spent a night in the cells. He refused to pay an £80 fine, so police took the case to court.

But prosecutor Cariad Eveson-Webb told Oxford magistrates the CPS would not proceed. There was not enough evidence to prove Mr Brown's behaviour was disorderly, he said.

Thames Valley Police denied being heavy-handed.

©2006 Scotsman.com (http://www.scotsman.com/)