PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in NY?

October 24th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I am visitng NY in December and am wondering where are the best places to eat in classic NY steak houses and sandwich shops that have been established for a number of years

Im not after trendy overpriced places as we have plenty of those in London!

Thanks for your help

Gregory Tenenbaum
October 27th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Hey welcome to NYC.

Depends where you are staying. Do you know? I can tell you where to go.

Generally there are great pizza places, general convencience stores, soupe and sandwich delis and the ubiquitous burger chains (not to mention star-caffeine) within about 2 blocks of anywhere in midtown NYC.

There are plenty of great deli's and steakhouses around, there's one opposite the NY Public Library that I frequent occasionally.

If you want a great steakhouse, make sure you fly to LA to try the "Pacific Dining Car" on West Sixth Street

www.pacificdiningcar.com

Now THAT's a real steakhouse with character, one I have to admit is hard to top (even for NYC).

Good luck, and enjoy our cuisine. It doesn't look and taste like raw bulls semen, unlike food in London.

Gregory Tenenbaum
October 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I forgot to mention Mortons. Been there once or twice. Not bad, but I am sure there are plenty more.

Don't forget to fly to LA just to have lunch at the Pacific Dining Car. It's unforgettable.