PDA

View Full Version : Peter Luger steakhouse Brooklyn

October 24th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Is it really that good?
Are there places that are just as good if not better in New York?
How much would a standard meal for 2 cost?

Thanks

ablarc
October 24th, 2005, 08:41 AM
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60827-d457806-Reviews-Peter_Luger_Steak_House-Brooklyn_New_York.html

drlikuid1444
October 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Lugar's is good, it is the same price as any steakhouse. It will run you up around 70 dollars (with apatizer) a plate that is without any wine. However I would most certainly go to the Post House, Smith & Wollensky's and even Mortons before Lugars because they are easier to get to, and I think they are better.

sfenn1117
October 26th, 2005, 02:10 PM
It is really good but I don't know if it's worth the price. With all the great restaurants in the city I'm sure there's a better value....but just typing this makes me want some steak! I went there in February for my aunt's 40th birthday....20 people.....probably cost her husband a couple grand. Yikes!

BrooklynRider
October 27th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Luger's is very easy to get to. It is the first stop on the J train after it goes over the Williamsburg Bridge. A two block walk from there. It is excellent.

Other top notch steakhouses: Keens Chop House (36th Street) Dylan Prime (Laigh Street) Frankie & Johnny (8th Ave / 48th) Old Homestead (14th /9th Ave) Palm (West 52nd [?] Street)

redhot00
October 27th, 2005, 05:24 AM
I like Delmonico's a lot too. But make sure you sit in the casual bar area and not the stuffy dining room (although the dining room is worth a look).

ZippyTheChimp
October 27th, 2005, 08:06 AM
I've been to several of the places mentioned, and they were positive experiences. Maybe consider Old Homestead for the neighborhood - worth the visit.

About Peter Luger: Over many years, I have never once been disappointed. Consistently good.