PDA

View Full Version : Is this sunset or sunrise moment?

pinklady
November 2nd, 2005, 07:45 AM
Hi, the link below is got from the homepage of this website...I like it most....

But just that could anyone, especially the person who had taken this photo to tell me that is this sunset or sunrise moment?

http://www.wirednewyork.com/guide/observation/observation_ge_esb.jpg

Many thanks.

Edward
November 2nd, 2005, 08:07 AM
The shot is looking from GE building to Empire State Building, hence north to south, hence the right side of the picture is the west, hence a sunset.

Ninjahedge
November 2nd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Ed, you could have just made it easier and sited the tiny little SOL in the harbor and the skyscraper in JC to say that that was west... ;)

pinklady
November 2nd, 2005, 07:12 PM
Well, just by saying it's west wouldn't have made sense to me; as I am not a New Yorker and I don't live in NY either.

Ed, you could have just made it easier and sited the tiny little SOL in the harbor and the skyscraper in JC to say that that was west... ;)

pinklady
November 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Thanx, Ed. If I remmeber right, it was taken by you right?

If yes, I really envy you as you could catch such nice moment; and more importantly when such nice moment occured, you were there! I almost have a thing towards either sunset or sunrise.

The shot is looking from GE building to Empire State Building, hence north to south, hence the right side of the picture is the west, hence a sunset.

Ninjahedge
November 3rd, 2005, 08:26 AM
Not to be sarcastic or anything PL....

But does the sun set in the East where you come from? ;)