PDA

View Full Version : Correct Gab

Gab
November 4th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I'm here in this forum to practise my English writing or typing, if my grammar is bad, I will welcome anyone who will correct me. Thank you for your interest.

ZippyTheChimp
November 4th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I don't understand.

Ninjahedge
November 4th, 2005, 05:25 PM
He is looking for the Gift of Gab.

lofter1
November 4th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I'm here in this forum to practise my English writing or typing, if my grammar is bad, I will welcome anyone who will correct me. Thank you for your interest.
Hmmm ...

To start: put a period after "writing or typing" (although I'm not sure if your first sentence is completely correct regarding the use of "English" -- as opposed to, say, French -- typing).

At the end of your (now) second sentence: "I will welcome any corrections" might better state your intent than what you have written (unless you actually mean that those who correct you are welcome to come to your home for dinner and an overnight visit).

Gab
November 4th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Hmmm ...

To start: put a period after "writing or typing" (although I'm not sure if your first sentence is completely correct regarding the use of "English" -- as opposed to, say, French -- typing).

At the end of your (now) second sentence: "I will welcome any corrections" might better state your intent than what you have written (unless you actually mean that those who correct you are welcome to come to your home for dinner and an overnight visit). Yes sir, thank you to correct me, I welcome any kind of correction.;)

redhot00
November 5th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Yes sir, thank you to correct me, I welcome any kind of correction.;)

"Thank you for having corrected me." That would be the proper way to form the sentence. Now how big is your spare bedroom? I've always wanted to see Quebec.

Gab
November 5th, 2005, 04:25 PM
"Thank you for having corrected me." That would be the proper way to form the sentence. Now how big is your spare bedroom? I've always wanted to see Quebec. Where do you want to go in Quebec? After all, Quebec has a huge space for a small population, but if you're in Montreal the population doesn't look little. The best way to get to Quebec by car is when you take the highway 87 north from Bronx or the highway 91 from Boston. Do you want to see the round mountains in Laurententian? Do you want to see a region where there are more women than men as Saguenay Lac St-Jean? Do you want to go to the oldest city of North America such Quebec city? I live in a 1 and half in Montreal between Papineau and Frontenac metro (subway) station. Most of people says when they want to get at McGill station, people I go to the metro McGill.

redhot00
November 14th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I want to see all of Quebec, from the big cities to the rolling countryside. I want to mingle with the locals, spend some time in Montreal and Quebec City, and I want to see some hockey games while I'm there. I love hockey.

I've been to Ontario and loved it. But to me, Quebec is the epitome of French Canada.

Gab
November 15th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I want to see all of Quebec, from the big cities to the rolling countryside. I want to mingle with the locals, spend some time in Montreal and Quebec City, and I want to see some hockey games while I'm there. I love hockey.

I've been to Ontario and loved it. But to me, Quebec is the epitome of French Canada. You can mingle as much as you want, you'll be welcome as long as you don't make any problem. Most american who live close to my apartment almost all told they are eager to learn French. When do you plan to visit Quebec?