PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Blind Tiger... :(

Ninjahedge
December 15th, 2005, 04:38 PM
http://eater.curbed.com/archives/2005/12/blind_tiger_ale.php

About halfway down:
http://www.mouthfulsfood.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2883&st=30

This just SUCKS!!!

They had the best tap selection of beers in the city! All for a frigging gentrified clothing store!

I can understand if this was some sort of rowdy alehouse, but it isn't. These are some of the most tame (and oldest) beer drinkers I have seen in the city!

I really do not want any more White Horse, Red Rock, Cowgirl or other Trendy or Imitation type popular bar!

I hope they do get a good spot on Bleeker, but it looks like they might have a better chance at juist leaving the city entirely... :(

TLOZ Link5
December 17th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Are they thinking of moving, or just shutting down?

Ninjahedge
December 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I think they are moving, but they are being forced out by the owner.

Understandably, seeing how civil the weekend crowd is, but a loss none the less.

The thing is, they will be moving several blocks further away from home and work and they will be gone for who knows how long in the interm. I have seen too many places promise that they are coming back or just moving to never really come back again.

That and they are going to lose the crew that needs a paycheck. So the bar staff will be missed....

mirdreams
September 18th, 2006, 04:54 PM
The Blind Tiger has reopened!! It's new digs at 281 Bleeker (corner of Jones St.) and are absolutely gorgeous. The expanded kitchen is turning out delicious pressed sandwiches and the coffee’s better than Starbucks (ironic because their old location has become one).
However, there is a slight problem. In an State Liquor Authority-induced twist of fate, a bar once known for having two dozen beers on tap and for being an extremely serviceable local watering hole is now sans liquor license. Read Dave's cry to the neighborhood for help:
"We still don't know when we'll be getting our liquor license, though we did find out one of the reasons it's been delayed - Deborah Glick, the assemblywoman who represents our district, wrote a letter to the State Liquor Authority saying our license should be rejected because we're a bar rather than a restaurant, "a large bar that primarily serves beer," and that isn't what Bleecker Street needs. I wrote her a nice letter explaining how we actually have an excellent kitchen and that we're opening as an espresso bar and cafe. Ms. Glick prides herself on protecting neighborhood businesses, which is what I always thought we were. I suggested that rather than judge us without ever visiting or calling, she stop by for a coffee and a pressed sandwich. Actually, according to the State Liquor Authority, her letter and influence is the most damning thing against us. I was wondering whether you might visit her website and write her a note explaining that we're actually a quality place that happens to cater to a lot of her constituents. You can email her at glickd@assembly.state.ny.us I'm sure she would enjoy hearing from you."
Please also take the time to sign the petition (www.petitiononline.com/newtiger/) to get the Tiger a new Liquor License. Let’s show Assemblywoman Glick that the Tiger brings many people from all over to spend money and get a quiet drink in her district so the Tiger can once again be the Best Beer Bar in the city.

RobWVill
November 3rd, 2006, 11:34 AM
I went into the new place last weekend. Very depressing. It looks more like a Starbucks than the old Blind Tiger. They need to get the liquor license back.

Ninjahedge
November 3rd, 2006, 12:28 PM
I know. I have been watching the site.

It is a cafe now, not a beer bar.

WTF is taking so long to get a LIQUOR LICENCE IN THE VILLAGE??!?

What do they think this is? Hoboken?