PDA

View Full Version : I got a refuse of entry

Gab
January 4th, 2006, 11:36 AM
When I went to the immigration office close to the border, I got a refuse of entry because I told the custom officer that I suppose to meet customer, that officer told that I'm not allowed to go in United States. That guy told me I have to get visa and a special form from my customer. It really piss me off. :(

ZippyTheChimp
January 4th, 2006, 12:35 PM
New Requirements for Travelers Between the United States and the Western Hemisphere

The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires that by January 1, 2008, travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States. In order to facilitate the implementation of this requirement, the Administration is proposing to complete it in phases following a proposed timeline, which will be published in the Federal Register in the near future.

This is a change from prior travel requirements and will affect all United States citizens entering the United States from countries within the Western Hemisphere who do not currently possess valid passports. This new requirement will also affect certain foreign nationals who currently are not required to present a passport to travel to the United States. Most Canadian citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and to a lesser degree, Mexican citizens will be affected by the implementation of this requirement.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Gab, even if you don't travel overseas, it is a good idea to have a passport.

ryan
January 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM
It's sad that the Canadian border is becoming so hostile. We used to brag about how big the undefended border was - now the name of the Peace Bridge between NY and ONT seems more and more just smarmy and jingoistic doublespeak.

Gab
January 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM
The biggest mistake was when I told the custom officer that I supposed to go for a business reason. Next time I would tell the custom officer that I would go to visit or to hang out.

ZippyTheChimp
January 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM
What business?

Gab
January 6th, 2006, 04:28 PM
What business? Translation business, either from English to French or from French to English. I know the crapy translation software will never replace the human.

Ninjahedge
January 6th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Translation business, either from English to French or from French to English. I know that crapy translation software will never replace humans.

You may want to watch a bit more american TV....

Then again, maybe not! ;)

(PS, it is only a matter of time before we get the Babel-Box. I just don't think you will be able to fit it in your ear for a while....)

ZippyTheChimp
January 6th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Translation business
Well Gab, if you can't tell me to mind my own business, you'll probably blab enough to Customs to get yourself detained as one of those persons of interest that are never heard from again. And when we read about it in the papers, we'll wonder,

Is that the same Canadian guy who used to post here?"

And the Canadian government will hand over your hard-drive to the FBI, and they'll find out about Wired New York, and the NSA will monitor all our emails.

They'll download the archives and find out that the word bin-Laden has been used dozens of time, we poked fun at the memorial, and said that Bush is a dope.

They'll be sweeping indictments, just in time for the 2008 elections. I'll be forced to turn state's evidence on Edward - "I was coerced into being a moderator, your honor."

After serving 2 years in federal prison, I'll run for Congress and win. But while in office, I'll be arrested for misuse of public funds, a trick I learned in prison from another inmate, Tom De Lay.

Back in prison, repeated nightmares about conjugal visits from Ann Coulter will lead to a nervous breakdown, during which I'll murder De Lay.

On death row, I'll be visited by Mike Wallace and 60 Minutes.

"Jesus Christ, are you still on TV?"

He'll give me that shoulder shrug and ask me what hapenned?

"Some Canadian guy, no passport. Gab...yeah, I think that was his name."

Strattonport
January 7th, 2006, 12:05 AM
LMAO Bravo!!

Gab
January 11th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Here's a intersting website concerning passport. http://www.pptc.gc.ca/travel_tips/trip_planning_e.asp

I don't need passport for the moment. Next time I'll pass in the small check point. I might take the 243 road in the Eastern Township close to Vermont to cross that border.

Ninjahedge
January 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Here's a intersting website concerning passport. http://www.pptc.gc.ca/travel_tips/trip_planning_e.asp

I don't need passport for the moment. Next time I'll pass in the small check point. I might take the 243 road in the Eastern Township close to Vermont to cross that border.

GAB man, why are you fearing getting a pasport?

Just get one ya lazy bum! ;)

Gab
January 11th, 2006, 02:17 PM
GAB man, why are you fearing getting a pasport?

Just get one ya lazy bum! ;) Because the last time I crossed the border, I went to United States without passport. Anyway the American authority will ask me to get that on december 31st in 2007.

Schadenfrau
January 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM
That website says you only have to provide identification to cross the border. Did you not have any?

Maybe the officer didn't believe you were a translator.

Gab
January 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Yes, I had my birth certicate and my medicare card from the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec. That's what I usually do when I cross the border. Next time, I will tell the officer, I'll visit or hang out with somebody.

Gregory Tenenbaum
March 2nd, 2006, 06:44 AM
Yeah ya gotta watch out for those canadians eh, they might have a big Moose Wind Device of Destruction eh.

Gab
March 2nd, 2006, 09:20 AM
Yeah ya gotta watch out for those canadians eh, they might have a big Moose Wind Device of Destruction eh. What would be the device of destruction?

Gregory Tenenbaum
March 3rd, 2006, 05:20 AM
Moose Wind )*) ~ ~ ~

What else, EH?

Gab
March 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM
I don't "eh" at the end as people from west coast and English is not my native language.