PDA

View Full Version : Blog of Our Visit

new2newyork
January 13th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Hi all - My wife and I visited NYC in October 2005 and I've finally got a Blog of our 6 day visit up on the web.

I'd be really pleased if any of you guys on here would have a look and leave a comment on there or here in the forum.

Anyone thinking of going there soon - I'm very jealous. We had a great time
and would love to go back some day (the air fare is a bit steep from the UK)

Happy reading.

http://www.gibboblog.blogspot.com

PS Its only text at the moment because our pics have mysteriously disappeared - I'm working on it though :)

Schadenfrau
January 14th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I enjoyed seeing a tourist's take on New York.

The next time you visit, please ask for restaurant recommendations. I hated seeing you waste your wallet and tastebuds on places like TGI Friday's and the Hard Rock Cafe.

antinimby
January 14th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Same here. Too many burgers and fried chips, not very healthy. So the cheese cake was good, huh? Glad to see you had a good time. :)

new2newyork
January 16th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Same here. Too many burgers and fried chips, not very healthy. So the cheese cake was good, huh? Glad to see you had a good time. :)
I know it looks bad but we didn't just go to the big fast food chains - we were just a little pushed for time - We also went to some other excellent eateries :) Glad you liked the blog - still have not got the pictures working though :mad:

Any tips?

NYatKNIGHT
January 16th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Nice blog - fun and entertaining. Pictures worked for me, am I missing something? It's all good, glad you had a good time.

If you're ever going to cross Central Park again, avoid those sunken traverse roads and cut right through the park intead. It's a world of difference.

Top of the Rock Observatory at Rockefeller Center is another option besides the Empire State Building, especially at night, and no two hour line or obligatory Kevin Bacon interactive.

Bowbridge
January 16th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Nice blog. Sounds like your ready to move here.

new2newyork
January 17th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Nice blog. Sounds like your ready to move here.

Cheers - did the pictures work for you ok????

I can't seem to see them anymore - just a small grey square :mad: Help any techies!!!!

ZippyTheChimp
January 17th, 2006, 10:24 AM
It works for me, even with Java disabled.

The problem must be your computer.

new2newyork
January 17th, 2006, 05:18 PM
It works for me, even with Java disabled.

The problem must be your computer.

Yep - you're right it's just my comp at work - must be a firewall type thing - the home computer is fine.

Glad you all like the Blog :)