PDA

View Full Version : Feldenkrais

hygeia
January 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Hi, I am here in the UK near to London, well relative 35 miles!. I practice as a personal development coach and small business owner / entrepreneur. I teach Feldenkrais work, and NLP and other processses to enable folk to be more present. Sort of Buddhist thinking stuff, and Ive always understood that the 'Big Apple' is where is at as far "Awareness" is concerned. So how many of you folks have actually 'done' Feldenkrais"' work and how do you find it? Is there a presence in New York, or should I bring it to you? Its a long way...but I could grow wings via I tunes :-)
Jill

infoshare
January 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM
So how many of you folks have actually 'done' Feldenkrais"' work and how do you find it? Is there a presence in New York, or should I bring it to you? Its a long way...but I could grow wings via I tunes :-)
Jill

Personally I am more interested in the likes of John Milton, John Locke or more recently Richard Dawkins: when it comes to the subject of "awareness". I am afraid that Feldenkrais and NLP are not for me. But, more to your point - there is a market in NYC for "sort of Buddhist thinking stuff" - as you put it.

cheers

lofter1
January 17th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Feldenkrais is "practiced" among many of those in the performing arts in the US. There are some good instructors here, but if you know your stuff you should be able to drum up some clients.

ZippyTheChimp
January 17th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I had to look it up.

hygeia
January 19th, 2006, 12:13 PM
It sounds as if its much the same as it is here in London then, taken up by the theatre arts community, but not so much by athletes and health. Thank you. Jill