PDA

View Full Version : Readers of New York

cutgrass
February 3rd, 2006, 04:30 AM
For any fellow readers out there, I have enjoyed the novel Nobble Hospital of the Aegean by Paul Judges.

The story takes place on a small Greek island, where our leading man tries to come to terms with a surprise event (that I won't mention).

There is no shortage of dry humour in the book, and also thoughts on life, love, compassion, and death.

The language is simple and beautiful as the arid landscapes surrounded by clear, blue sea. There are many interesting characters - even Americans play a vital role in the plot !

An original and unique antidote to the chill of winter.

Ninjahedge
February 3rd, 2006, 08:45 AM
Grass, although your posting here may be a genuine invitation to try a book that you have read and enjoyed, the fact that it seems more like a book jacket description AND that this is your first post here leads most to believe that this is just an ad/promo for a book you or your company is sponsoring.

Please try to come on to sites like this with something more than an immediate unrelated endorsement as your first post! Or better yet, read some of the posts here and see if any of them fit the book you are recommending!

BrooklynRider
February 3rd, 2006, 10:33 AM
For any fellow readers out there, I have enjoyed the novel Nobble Hospital of the Aegean by Paul Judges.

The story takes place on a small Greek island, where our leading man tries to come to terms with a surprise event (that I won't mention).

There is no shortage of dry humour in the book, and also thoughts on life, love, compassion, and death.

The language is simple and beautiful as the arid landscapes surrounded by clear, blue sea. There are many interesting characters - even Americans play a vital role in the plot !

An original and unique antidote to the chill of winter.

This sounds like pure crap and apparently readers think so too. This book is ranked #681,941 in Books on Amazon.com. Cutgrass, since you are between books, how about reading the TOS at this site regarding spanning and posting ads.

Schadenfrau
February 3rd, 2006, 11:09 AM
I didn't know authors enjoyed their own books.