PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn is getting expensive...

MrSpice
February 8th, 2006, 10:16 AM
http://www.curbed.com/archives/2006/02/08/have_you_heard_brooklyn_is_kinda_expensive.php

Strattonport
February 9th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Wow, how surprising. Look to see a similiar report regarding Queens prices in the next couple of years.

antinimby
February 20th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Brooklyn is getting expensiveTell us something we don't already know about.

The cause is simple economics: supply vs. demand.
There is such a housing shortage in this city, it has become so difficult to even find a place to live. Instead of working to alleviate this problem by encouraging more development, the city is instead doing just the opposite: listening to these ridiculous, self-serving community groups (made up of mostly landlords) by downzoning neighborhoods.
Brooklyn is served by an excellent network of public transportation that is more than capable of supporting much higher density.

Prettyskyscapers
May 2nd, 2006, 12:11 AM
I thought there was new developments all the time to make more condos and apartments for new dwellers? NYC is the biggest city in america, very popular and populous. If you cant afford to live there, theres hundreds of other cities in america to live in. I live in an expensive city in Florida and am considering moving to a cheaper, smaller city in Florida. Houses in my city are hard to find below $400,000

Azazello
May 2nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
You guys/gals are scaring me - I've been thinking of moving to Brooklyn. Buy-high or rent-small (space, that is), you can't win.

As long as it's convenient to the subway, even "questionable" areas become attractive. I don't want to live in the 'burbs, I want to live in a city.

SilentPandaesq
May 3rd, 2006, 03:24 PM
Brooklyn is served by an excellent network of public transportation that is more than capable of supporting much higher density.

With the exception of the L in Billyburg, which I hear is a pretty painful experience at rush hour.