PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get a h1b visa

filas
February 17th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Hi New Yorkers I'm a portuguese guy who would really love to work and live in New York. I've learned that I would have to get a h1b sponsor there. Can anyone help me with that? I mean, what's the best way to get that? what would I have to do to make it happen? Can anyone help me with that? Thanks.

ryan
February 17th, 2006, 12:41 PM
A sponsor is an employer who can demonstrate to the government that the skills you offer are scarce in the U.S. In the past 5 years this has become more difficult to do. The only ways I've seen this happen are through personal/social/family networking.

Visa status is one of the few criteria that a U.S. employer use to legally discriminate against job applicants, so it might be difficult to find a job here first. Best advice I have to give is to inquire about it through any professional contacts you have - or to try applying to some jobs in the U.S.

filas
February 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks Ryan. I dont really know anyone there so theres no chance for me that way. How can I apply for jobs in the US? Is there a way I can do it through the internet? How hard is to find job in the New York area? And what would be the best types of jobs to search for to begin life there? I mean, I assume that getting a h1b visa would be the best way to start, is that right or is there a better way? Once again thanks for the help.