PDA

View Full Version : Looking for home in Queens or Nassau

MedPlus
March 27th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I was wondering, do any of you guys know any developments that are planned for Nassau county or Queens.

I looked at the queens thread and some of the links were rather old. I'm going to be working in Manhasset, and I was very much interested in new developements or any new property close to that area or even queens.

Hope to get some responses..

BrooklynRider
March 27th, 2006, 10:03 PM
You'll find stuff in Flushing and Forest Hills. There are major developments in Nassau County in Westbury by the Galleria and the LIRR Station.

TheFuture
March 27th, 2006, 11:53 PM
There is a new development of 28 townhouses with a clubouse and concierge in Oyster Bay. You can see it at www.marinerswalkli.com (http://www.marinerswalkli.com).

Each 3 floor townhouse comes with its own elevator and there will be a concierge in the clubhouse. It is very upscale and walking distance to town/LIRR/water.

MedPlus
March 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM
when is oyster bay going to be released? do you have the floor plans and cost values?

also, I looked up the links for flushing and forest hills, and some of them are old...are there any new links?

thanks a bunch..you guys and gals are great :)

TheFuture
March 28th, 2006, 08:22 PM
The sales office for the Oyster Bay Townhouses is open and they are currently selling the first phase. So if interested now is the time to buy before they have price increases.

The units range between approx 1,800 sq ft and 2,600 sq ft and currently start in the low $800s and go up to approx $1.1.

They do not have floorplans online but you can call the sales office to see if they can send it to you. If not, then you can see them there.

TheFuture
March 28th, 2006, 10:37 PM
You can also check out new townhomes currently being built in Woodbury.

Website is: http://www.pinewooddevelopment.com/developments/preserve/index_preserve.htm

TheFuture
March 28th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Another place currently being built on Long Island is The Horizon at Westbury. It is a condominium and does not appear as nice as the 2 Townhouse Communities listed above.

You can find information about it at http://www.horizonus.com/

Let me know which one you like best!!!

MedPlus
March 29th, 2006, 03:58 AM
thanks for all the links...i appreciate it. They all look nice but I guess I wont know until I visit them personally.

Does anybody else have any other developments in long island, even in queens and brooklyn?

some of the previous links are a year old and I don't know if those developments still exist...

MedPlus
March 30th, 2006, 04:21 AM
anybody else here?

no new posts? :(

MedPlus
April 11th, 2006, 10:17 PM
anybody else? :)

shocka
April 15th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I am not sure where exactly on Long Island you want to be (living wise), nor what kind of person you are. If you are a beach goer, check out Long Beach, there are alot of nice buildings there. I am not sure whats new there or not, but I have couple friends who live there and swear by it.

Also those Westbury condos look nice, the location is GREAT w/ the LIRR right there.

If you are looking for rentals

http://www.archstoneapartments.com/Apartments/New+York/Long+Island/Archstone+Westbury/?cid=WBY

http://avalonglencove.com/

You might also want to check out Forest Hills there are some nite "white-glove" building there, I would search craigslist.org for luxury forest hills and you will get an idea of the "luxury" buildings in the area.

I use the term luxury and white glove REAL loosely...

Good Luck..

MedPlus
April 18th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks for your links and input! I appreicate it.

I'm actually interested in buying a condo or townhouse, not so much renting though. I definitely want to be very close to the LIRR. I'm going ot be working in Manhasset, but I don't necessarily have to live there. I was contemplating living in queens, because I really wnat to be close to the city. However, that might not be possible when I'm on call. I'm going to be a first year resident at Northshore Long Island Jewish...

I'd definitely want to be in a active area, where things are open late....interested in brand new condominium or home complex, and don't have to be close to the beach...

thanks to everyone for the links.

shocka
April 18th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for your links and input! I appreicate it.

I'm actually interested in buying a condo or townhouse, not so much renting though. I definitely want to be very close to the LIRR. I'm going ot be working in Manhasset, but I don't necessarily have to live there. I was contemplating living in queens, because I really wnat to be close to the city. However, that might not be possible when I'm on call. I'm going to be a first year resident at Northshore Long Island Jewish...

I'd definitely want to be in a active area, where things are open late....interested in brand new condominium or home complex, and don't have to be close to the beach...

thanks to everyone for the links.

Well congrats on matching.. I have couple friends that work/will work there. 1 that matched, 1 that is an administrator, and 1 in IT. My friends live in Long Beach and Long Island City.

LIC has alot of new condos and is close to Manhattan (1 stop)

Like i previously mentioned Long Beach you might need to do some more research I am unsure of the area real estate wise.

If i was in your situation (not regarding the fact that most of my resident friends only care about being close to the hospital) I would look into the following areas which would be active

Forest Hills
Long Island City
Astoria
Long Beach

On long island for the most part things close around 930-10 there are random things open later but not where I grew up.

MedPlus
April 20th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Thanks. I was looking at Forest HIlls. It seems to be a good midway point between the city and manhasset. Astoria an LIC are really nice, except, they are too far if the pager strikes!

I would have to look at Long Beach....

how late does the LIRR run? it's not 24 hours?

shocka
April 20th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks. I was looking at Forest HIlls. It seems to be a good midway point between the city and manhasset. Astoria an LIC are really nice, except, they are too far if the pager strikes!

I would have to look at Long Beach....

how late does the LIRR run? it's not 24 hours?

LIRR does run 24hrs.. but the frequency dips down after say 2am.
http://www.lirr.org
All the time tables are there.

BrooklynRider
April 21st, 2006, 04:10 PM
I lived in Long Beach for 10 years before moving to Lake Placid, then Manhattan, and finally Brooklyn. Depending on your price point, from my perspective, best overall quality of life was Long Beach and Brooklyn. See the Brooklyn threads for new development. Specific threads you might be interested in are Williamsburg, Dumbo, Downtown/Boerum Hill, Park Slope and Fort Greene. I keep hearing raves about a building in Williamsburg, Brooklyn called 55 Berry. It is apparently (I've never been there) a loft-style conversion with amenities, appliances and finishes comparable to what you would find in Lower Manhattan (Tribeca / Soho / Village). I think price point was between $650 & $770 per square foot. Spacious with an artsy kind of feel.

I Long Beach, the best beach front co-op (in my opinion based on location and how it is run) is Parker Deauville. I lived in the West End of LB, which was a quaint bungalow community during my time there. LB has turned into Condo land. But, beware - parking is tight. No condo or co-op is worth anything without a reserved parking spot. If you are on an avenue close to the LIRR station, you don't need a car. The city has great public transit as well. I got rid of my car and lived happily in LB while commuting to Manhattan daily. On the LIRR from LB, you are first stop going and last stop coming home. Great nap time or reading time.

MedPlus
April 21st, 2006, 04:18 PM
thank you guys...I really appreciate all the feedback. It's good to come back to new York. I can't believe the LIRR is 24 hours...wow.

TheFuture
July 28th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Has anyone seen any of the Long Island places mentioned above in person?

If so - would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

squid
October 1st, 2006, 07:57 PM
I'm actually interested in buying a condo or townhouse, not so much renting
though. I definitely want to be very close to the LIRR. I'm going ot be
working in Manhasset, but I don't necessarily have to live there. I was
contemplating living in queens, because I really wnat to be close to the city.
However, that might not be possible when I'm on call. I'm going to be a first
year resident at Northshore Long Island Jewish...

Great Neck is close by, and has a walkable downtown by the LIRR station.
Many Co-ops and condos, some recent rehabs, but not much new or
recent construction. Would be an easy commute.

Long Island City in Queens has much new residential construction.