PDA

View Full Version : safety

cokie
May 6th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Hay everyone, I'm from belgium and I'm going to new york in July. I was just wondering about the safety like neighbourhoods at night like around Times square and empire state building (the touristic places) and maybe someone know which nieghboorhoods I better don't pass. I never been there, I'm very excited. Maybe some tips about safety are greatly welcome !

thx
grt
bjorn

ablarc
May 6th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Almost all Manhattan below Harlem is safe even at night.

Canadian
May 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM
The same rules apply in NYC as anywhere else. Stay where there are people!

LonelyRoad
May 8th, 2006, 11:34 PM
My experience in Manhattan was great. I went to Time Square at 4 in the morning and you would never know it was the middle of the night. People packed everywhere.

However, I have heard that Central Park is not safe at all in the middle of the night. Not sure if that one poster considered Central Park. Is that true?

Schadenfrau
May 9th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Central Park isn't even supposed to be open in the middle of the night. There's really not much reason to go there at that hour, anyway. The park closes at 1AM.

cathyx
May 14th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Okay!

Who is the boy i saw on broadway avenue on 25th january 2006!?
I think about him a little bit too much as i don't know him at all and because the circumstances couldn't allow such mental frivolities.
Who are you please? Tu vas me faire le plaisir de te présenter ici car je sais que tu as déjà visité ce forum-ci parce que toi aussi tu as été dans une situation de merde et que tu es un gars de grande taille, 1m80 à peu près, chabin, tu portais une casquette ce jour-là et tu as fait mine d'être au courant de certains déboires qui m'ont amenée à me balader comme une désespérée dans New York; normalement tu dois comprendre ce message-ci; alors, n'hésite pas à te présenter (moi c'est catherine de la martinique) et à m'envoyer un email à: c_cardon@yahoo.com. Personne ne te bouffera, promis!! :( :) :p
P.S: tu étais déguisé en Prince william (quelles que soient les rumeurs qui circulent, promis encore, je suis la dernière au courant; donc tu es censé savoir ce que je veux dire...).