PDA

View Full Version : 13 May 2006 Volunteer Round-Up

BrooklynRider
May 8th, 2006, 12:40 PM
We believe this poll is the easiest way for people to let us know if you plan on attending the May 13th event in Maggie's Garden in memory of JB "TLOZ LInk5" Hehman. The hours of service are from 10:00AM to 12Noon. We are working out the details, but refreshments will likely be served immediately following the project.

Please let us know via the poll if you will be there and how many people will be joining you.

BrooklynRider
May 8th, 2006, 05:16 PM
There is no need to announce who you are. Just PLEASE use this poll to respond and let us know if you will attend this event. We have four days and it is extremely important that we get an estimated head count.

ryan
May 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I think I'll have another warm body.

JCMAN320
May 11th, 2006, 03:16 AM
I'll take the PATH in so you can count on me being there.

ManhattanKnight
May 11th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I do plan to bring a camera (artistry not guaranteed).

Merry
May 12th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I do plan to bring a camera (artistry not guaranteed).
Bravo, ManhattanKnight, thank you!

Now is a good opportunity to send positive vibes from Oz for a perfect day on Saturday, when we can finally reinforce our collective love for JB in a tactile way and celebrate the realisation of a perpetual reminder of JB's love of his city in Maggie's Garden.

I'm very sad that I can't be there in person, but I'll certainly be with you in spirit and I'll be thinking of you all and be content that I was able help a little. I'm thousands of miles away but I know I''m going to feel as if I'm really close at 10.00 a.m. on Saturday because of the amazing atmosphere generated by the inspirational efforts of certain members of this virtual community to make this happen.

May the sun gods shine.

Oh it's such a perfect day,
I'm glad I spent it with you.
Oh such a perfect day,
You just keep me hanging on,
You just keep me hanging on.
--- Lou Reed ---

Ninjahedge
May 12th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I think I will be there.

I do not know 100% because of work this weekend, but I will try and make it.

lofter1
May 12th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Full moon tonight and it looks like a break in the heavy rains will make for a terrific planting day on Saturday ...

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/images/weather/5DAY.JPG

BrooklynRider
May 12th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Tomorrow it will be sunny in the morning - because I say so!

Anyway, just got off the phone with Brian at NYRP. Coffee and donuts will be provided by NYRP as will water. The plaque is not ready, but a tempoary will be there for us to have closure with this project and a prope send off.

We will be planting - so be prepared.

I'm kind of buzzin' on all of this. It's going to be great!

BrooklynRider
May 13th, 2006, 06:46 AM
PERFECT WEATHER

NY1 News

57 degrees / foggy this morning / going up to 64 degrees by noon / a high of 68

weather.com - decent weather

cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon - High 66 degree

accuweather.com

7:00AM - Rain 57
8:00AM - Sunny 60
9:00AM - Cloudy 61
10:00AM - Mostly Cloudy 62
11:00AM - Partly Sunny 64
Noon - Partly Sunny 66

Today - Maggie's Garden - 10:00AM to 12Noon - 564 West 149th Street, just east of Broadway. Take #1 Train to 145th Street - walk four blocks north - make a right.