PDA

View Full Version : Sushi/Seafood in Midtown

pianoman11686
May 25th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I'm looking for a good sushi and/or seafood restaurant in Midtown for a nice birthday dinner. I already know of some of the obvious choices - Nobu 57, Sea Grill, Le Bernardin, etc. I was hoping I could get some personal recommendations from people who've been there already. Price is not really too big an issue, unless we're talking about the very upper tier. I'd say, 100-150 for two people, without wine (or at most, a glass).

kliq6
May 25th, 2006, 03:29 PM
good seafood Oceana on 54th street and Acqua Pazza Italian/Seafod place on 52nd street

Schadenfrau
May 26th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I know you're already aware of it, but I'll cast a vote for Le Bernardin. I always favor the classic over the trendy, and that place really is swoon-worthy.

Enjoy, in any case. I'm curious as to what you pick.

pianoman11686
May 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the recommendations. I've always had Le Bernardin on my list, but I think it's a little too expensive. I'm not ruling it out yet though. I've heard about Oceana before, but I think a lot of their stuff is a little too weird. Other places I'm considering: Tropica, Brasserie, Brasserie 8 1/2. Hatsuhana Park, Foley's, Sea Grill, Caviar Russe. Any more suggestions greatly appreciated!

Schadenfrau
May 26th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I'd take Brasserie 8 1/2 off the list. It's not really a destination spot. If you like sushi, you might want to check out Frederick's. It's more of a bar, but it has a great atmosphere and the sushi is delicious.