PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay in LA or move to NYC? Find Work in the Entertainment Industry.

AsianNYLover
June 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
:( I'm thinking about moving to New York City sometime next year in late May, early June. The lifestyle would be a better fit for me because there is a better transit there then in Los Angeles, I don't care about the nice weather here in Los Angeles. Besides it's to spread out, No REAL CENTER CITY and Hollywood is Overrated and Dirty,too many homeless people and illegal immigrants coming to Los Angeles. I try to like it here but I just want to leave Los Angeles, I could go to Norcal or San Diego but there is more job opportunties in New York. I have several friends from college who live in New York right now. Lucky bastards!!!

When I finally leave LA, I have lived in Los Angeles for 3.5 years. I moved to LA from Michigan to go to a vocational post production film school in Los Angeles(Burbank). I originally wanted to work in the Entertainment Industry in Los Angeles but I want to move to New York. I know LA is the entertainment industry in the world but I can do it in NYC as well. I want to start networking with other professionals in the entertainment industry in the New York City/Metro area before I actually move there and settle down. I would appreicate if anyone works in the entertainment industry in this forum or know someone in the entertainment industry.

I wish I had moved to New York right after I finished college 4 years ago instead of going to Los Angeles. I should of gone to NYU or any film school in the New York City area. I would appreicate it if I would get any responses here.

milleniumcab
June 4th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Entartainment industry is probably one of the toughest to estabilish yourself in...But NYC offers great opportunities... It sounds to me like you have already made up your mind..If you hate LA, which I don't blame you, the next step is NYC... Come and live among real people..:D