PDA

View Full Version : Im Going To Nyc Baby!

TORONTO
June 8th, 2006, 10:07 PM
What are some of the places I should go that I must go (=

TORONTO
June 8th, 2006, 10:08 PM
i will be traveling to New York City I'm staying around central park for the labour day weekend (=

so welcome me already ;)

antinimby
June 9th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Welcome, welcome! :)

Btw, is it the Canadian Labour day or our Labour day or are they the same?
Ours is around the first week of Sept.

krulltime
June 9th, 2006, 05:30 PM
There are too many places to go and do in NYC! Maybe you could be more specific in what you really will like to do!

Anyway I hope you have fun and welcome to NYC. :)

TORONTO
June 9th, 2006, 07:35 PM
There are too many places to go and do in NYC! Maybe you could be more specific in what you really will like to do!

Anyway I hope you have fun and welcome to NYC. :)

well, i guess for starters (=
where are cheap souviers shop!

and then.. the nightlife!

Thank you krulltime!

TORONTO
June 9th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Welcome, welcome! :)

Btw, is it the Canadian Labour day or our Labour day or are they the same?
Ours is around the first week of Sept.

Hello Hello Antinimby (=
I will be coming on Aug, Wed 30th - Sept. 1 (=
yes, its the same labour day weekend!

milleniumcab
June 9th, 2006, 10:19 PM
well, i guess for starters (=
where are cheap souviers shop!

Canal Street, Chinatown...

milleniumcab
June 9th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Just one thing I would not buy at Canal Street and that's TEE-SHIRTs.. For them, you are better off paying up and get it at the stands by the Central Park..You will get to keep them for much longer...;)

milleniumcab
June 9th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Maybe this will help a little too.:)

www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3101

TORONTO
June 10th, 2006, 07:43 AM
milleniumcab (http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/member.php?u=6269) : thank you! (=
Hahaa...that's great.
Alright, I will remeber that : ChinaTown and Canal St.

ooo, tell me about the nightlife!

krulltime
June 10th, 2006, 10:42 PM
^ NYC has lot to do in the nightlife! Clubs.. concerts... theaters... restuarants... bars... comedy clubs... Times square... and anythig else that a big city would have. ;)

TORONTO
June 10th, 2006, 11:18 PM
^ NYC has lot to do in the nightlife! Clubs.. concerts... theaters... restuarants... bars... comedy clubs... Times square... and anythig else that a big city would have. ;)

Hmmm... (=
well, what are cover charges at nighclubs?

Schadenfrau
June 11th, 2006, 12:58 AM
It depends on the club. What are you looking for?

TORONTO
June 11th, 2006, 11:37 AM
It depends on the club. What are you looking for?

HipHop / Reggae/Soca

Schadenfrau
June 11th, 2006, 03:27 PM
But a small club, or a large club?

I've suggested it before, but bOb on Eldridge Street is a great small bar for hip-hop.

Here's a Citysearch link that will allow you to narrow down your interests by clicking the "Refine Your Search" buttons on the left-hand side of the screen:

http://newyork.citysearch.com/search?histoindex_left=cw1&cw1=16&flavor_id=5&started=1

It sounds like you'd also do well to pick up a guide to NYC while you're still in Toronto. They'll have many guides geared towards younger people that will allow you to specialize your trip a bit more, not to mention compile addresses and maps for you.

TORONTO
June 11th, 2006, 09:44 PM
But a small club, or a large club?

I've suggested it before, but bOb on Eldridge Street is a great small bar for hip-hop.

Here's a Citysearch link that will allow you to narrow down your interests by clicking the "Refine Your Search" buttons on the left-hand side of the screen:

http://newyork.citysearch.com/search?histoindex_left=cw1&cw1=16&flavor_id=5&started=1

It sounds like you'd also do well to pick up a guide to NYC while you're still in Toronto. They'll have many guides geared towards younger people that will allow you to specialize your trip a bit more, not to mention compile addresses and maps for you.

That's fantastic schadenfrau (=
thank you for all the great help!
I guess I could down that google it on the computer but I guess I wanted some citizen who lives their so i can get some feedback on the city (=

Schadenfrau
June 11th, 2006, 11:39 PM
You've still got some time before you get here, so pick up a guidebook and get a general idea of what you want to see. Name a few clubs, and ask for a general opinion about them. Once you let us know what you're looking for, we'll be able to help more.

TORONTO
June 13th, 2006, 07:58 AM
You've still got some time before you get here, so pick up a guidebook and get a general idea of what you want to see. Name a few clubs, and ask for a general opinion about them. Once you let us know what you're looking for, we'll be able to help more.

(= will do!
How far is to travel from Manhattan to Brooklyn?

Schadenfrau
June 13th, 2006, 09:22 AM
It depends on what part of Brooklyn you're going to. Anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour.

TORONTO
June 15th, 2006, 08:10 AM
It depends on what part of Brooklyn you're going to. Anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour.

well, i be staying around Park Central .,.

Schadenfrau
June 15th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Do you mean Central Park? And which part of Brooklyn do you want to see?

TORONTO
June 17th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Do you mean Central Park? And which part of Brooklyn do you want to see?\

sorry, I mean Park Central Hotel (=

milleniumcab
June 18th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Same thing.. The Park Central Hotel is only 2 blocks from the Central park...:)

milleniumcab
June 18th, 2006, 12:53 AM
From the Park Central Hotel: ...by taxi...;)

Brooklyn Heights = 25 minutes ( Grimaldi's Pizzeria, the Promenade, River Cafe)
Brooklyn Museum = 35 minutes
Botanical Gardens = 35 minutes
Coney Island = 45 minutes ( NY Aquarium, Board Walk, the Cyclone, Nathan's hot dogs)

PeeZee
June 19th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hey everyone,

Can you believe I have never really ever chatted before. I guess I've never really seen the need, except now. I am thinking of moving to New York for two years beginning next year, and I'm not sure. I mean I see the movies and the programmes, but I'd like some REAL insight into the city. Would a Joburg (Johannesburg, South Africa) girl make ON HER OWN it in a big city like NY? :confused:

BrooklynRider
June 19th, 2006, 09:33 PM
There's only one way to find out. Move here and keep in touch with us.

TORONTO
June 20th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Hey everyone,

Can you believe I have never really ever chatted before. I guess I've never really seen the need, except now. I am thinking of moving to New York for two years beginning next year, and I'm not sure. I mean I see the movies and the programmes, but I'd like some REAL insight into the city. Would a Joburg (Johannesburg, South Africa) girl make ON HER OWN it in a big city like NY? :confused:

I suggest you go the library and look for those travelguide (=
I did that.. and they are pretty informative..