PDA

View Full Version : I seriously need some advice

mizzmoonse
June 10th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Iím 22 yo Swedish citizen. For the moment Iím studying my 1st year Interior Design in Barcelona, Spain. But unfortunately the school is not serious so Iím moving home in matter of 2 weeks. I really want to come to NY, but as an international student the tuition is super high! Although I found a school, Fashion Institute of Technology. So Iím thinking of applying for it. Have you hear anything about the school? And, NYÖ how much money will I need to survive? Iím still a student, not rich at all. Should I look for apartments to share outside Manhattan? Pls anyone. Give me some advice... what would you do? Iím thinking of applying to London too and maybe Oz... But my heart shouts for NY :D

Schadenfrau
June 10th, 2006, 09:22 PM
FIT is a very good school for the price. Everyone I know who's attended had a good experience.

Getting a share in the outer boroughs is a very good idea. You're already making smart choices, so I think you would do well in NYC. Personally, I'd rather be in Barcelona, though.

krulltime
June 10th, 2006, 10:45 PM
When I travel for my first time to Europe, Barcelona will be the first city I will visit.

milleniumcab
June 11th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Hey mizzmoonse,

FIT is CUNY School and priced at a bargain rate for NY. It also has a good reputation for what you want to study. I think it is a wise choice especially if you have your heart set for NYC.:)

Living expenses can be high but London will probably be about the same, if not higher. Don't expect to figure it out immediately but once here, I am certain that you will and it won't take you long to make the necessary adjustments to trim down your expenses.

Living in the outer-boroughs is a good start, especially if you share. And that will be easier as you make friends.

So I say, come on over...:D