PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy reasonably priced modern furniture

Shepard2
June 12th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Hi yall,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy reasonably priced modern furniture.

Thanks.:)

MrSpice
June 12th, 2006, 03:44 PM
I have been struggling with the exact same question a few months back. What I found was that furniture stores in Brooklyn had the best prices/choice of modern furniture. Also, they give you discount if you pay cash and you can bargain on the delivery charges. I bought a modern leather sofa with 2 chairs and a spanish enterntainment center (it really was made in Spain) from Cozy Furniture on Avenue X (corner of West 1st Steet in Gravesend). I chose the cololrs I like from the catalogue and got it in 3 months. They also have quite a bit of furniture on the floor.

There are few more stores on McDonald Avenue and on Avenue U.

These are the Spanish enterntainment units they offer (this is the site of a wholesaler that imports them into US):

http://www.vivaifs.com/smpg1.htm

What I like about European furniture is that it is perfect for small New York apartments like mine and has some storage for your things in addition to the TV and electronics.

June 12th, 2006, 09:26 PM
no matter what, ikea will have the lowest price for good quality ...

i check ikea first, and then move on to a more expensive store if i don't find what i'm looking for.

milleniumcab
June 12th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Ikea...:)

Azazello
June 12th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Where to buy contemporary furniture (not very expensive) (http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7794)

milleniumcab
June 12th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I have one question. Do you live in a Manhattan apartment like mine?.. Chopped up from a pre-war apartments which is impossible to fit with any ready made furniture. If so, here is an idea..

I had my furniture custom made for a very reasonable price. If you go to the East Harlem, on Third Avenue, above 116th Street. There is a couple of custom furniture places. I can not remember the name of the store but the owner is Greek and the store is on the West side of Third Avenue and around 119th Street.

Check it out, I had them done 3 years ago and I am very happy with them...For example I paid $600.00 for a computer desk which is 4 1/2 feet wide, 7 feet tall and 24" deep with plenty of shelves and drawers that are on tracks..and it fits the space perfectly..))))

If you want to go and check it out, let me know. I'll try to get the name for you...