PDA

View Full Version : Getting to *this* location?

ajkaz11
June 12th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I've been doing some research for my short trip to NY this summer (for photography purposes), and I really want to get the shot with the Brooklyn Bridge and the skyline.... but I am going ALL out and want to get an elevated view. I don't know how accurate Google Earth is as far as NYC goes, but here I circled what LOOKS like a decent spot. It's between the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge, I believe.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adamkaz/skyline.jpg

Here is a straight on bird's eye view...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adamkaz/nymap.jpg

So it looks like Water and Main/Washington St are what I am looking at, but I'm not getting results searching on my own- I figured maybe a native New Yorker might be able to help me out, to find out

What buildings are there?
Is any random tourist able to get on top? (probably not)
Hopefully names of the buildings(s) or links or phone numbers, something to work with.
Anything else that might be helpful! This is only one of the 3 main angles that I plan on shooting from.

milleniumcab
June 12th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Those buildings are used to be commercial but are converted into residential buildings. They are luxury ones and I do not think you will be able to get permission to go up to the roof...You would have to make friends with a tenant..)))

The adress of the building is 1 Main Street, Brooklyn, NY

milleniumcab
June 12th, 2006, 10:57 PM
You can take a similar picture from the Manhattan Bridge walkway. :)

Check out the thread " where was this picture taken from" in forum " Questions and Answers"

ajkaz11
June 12th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I think that's what I'll end up doing. Thanks!:)

milleniumcab
June 14th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I think that's what I'll end up doing. Thanks!:)

YW

ablarc
June 14th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I think that's what I'll end up doing.
Don't give up. Make friends with the tenant.

She may be pretty.