PDA

View Full Version : Make this a Permanent Subforum

NoyokA
June 12th, 2006, 11:35 PM
I would like to see the TLOZ sub forum visible now only to a few of us, made into a permanent sub forum available to everyone. This will be the community forum; here we can make arrangements to have annual forum meets at J.B.s park. Threads will be made to discuss urban violence and awareness. Threads to remember JBs life and to discuss his legacy. An outlet for personal troubles in our own lives, such as family deaths. Just basically a community outlet.

All JB threads would be moved here, more befitting here than stickied in Forum Issues. The forum would still be a sub forum of Forum Issues. Instead of being called the TLOZ Link5 Project Forum I think a more fitting name might be the J.B. Hehman Memorial Community Forum or something along those lines. Posting guidelines would be outlined in a header as well as perhaps a short obituary.

Feedback appreciated.

lofter1
June 13th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Terrific idea.

Thanks, Stern ....

Schadenfrau
June 13th, 2006, 02:35 AM
That sounds like a good idea to me.

Merry
June 13th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Nice thought and well said, Stern. I agree. I like the idea of all the JB threads having their own special place together.

BrooklynRider
June 19th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I think it is important for us to remember JB and for us to remember what we are capable of when we pull together. I think it is a great idea!

Edward
June 19th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Since there seems to be a consensus, I am going to make the changes; however first I am going to email all members of the project. Members of the project made posts in private forum, perhaps there might be some posts that they do not want everyone to see - I will give some time to edit them.

NoyokA
June 22nd, 2006, 12:00 AM
Great, thank you Edward.

Since this will soon be a pernament subforum what should the name be?

I think all the stickied threads in forum issues right now should be made regular threads with one sticky thread at top discussing the tragedy, an obituary and rememberance, and what the purpose of the forum will be.

Edward
June 26th, 2006, 06:46 PM
There does not seem to be an easy way to email all members of the project at once - only one by one. I suppose no harm would be done if I make the forum public without emailing everyone.

lofter1
June 26th, 2006, 08:16 PM
We're a chatty bunch --- not shy to voice our opinions ...

If you've not heard a negative response on this from anyone then methinks that it's fair to assume you can go ahead with your plan.

kz1000ps
June 28th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Great idea, Stern.

A little aside, does anybody ever check TLOZ's public profile to see if his Last Activity ever changes? I'm not sure what to make of it, but I do, and it's always the same. I suppose I still have yet to accept the whole thing.

Libby
June 29th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I still check this forum periodically. I'm a cousin of JB's dad who lives in Dallas. It is comforting to see the forum for JB is still on and active. I think it is a great idea to make it permanent. I think of JB often and coming to this forum helps to feel connected even though I am so far away.

:) Libby

Zerlina
July 2nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
What a good idea!!!:)