PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!! Clueless....

jessemd
June 16th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I will be moving to NY from Florida in a couple of months. I'm going to be working in hospitals mostly in the Brooklyn area for at least a year. I am not familiar with the area and don't know where to even begin looking for an apt. I am a female and will be living alone so safety is number one. I can't afford anything over $1,000 monthly. It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction!!! Thanks.......

milleniumcab
June 16th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Brooklyn is a big borough. Knowing which hospital and whether you have a car or not would be helpful.

jessemd
June 16th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I will be assigned to different hospitals for 6-12 week intervals. Most of the hospitals are in Brooklyn like Maimonides, Brookdale, King's County and Lutheran Medical to name a few. Right now am am not planning on taking my car but I can if I need to. I guess that would be another question i would have.....

milleniumcab
June 16th, 2006, 08:13 PM
If you are going to work in all of those hospitals and want to live in a safe neighborhood, it would be a good idea to bring your car up too. Traveling via bus would be very time consuming in Brooklyn..

jessemd
June 16th, 2006, 08:28 PM
What safe neighborhoods would you recommend I look into?

milleniumcab
June 16th, 2006, 08:42 PM
All of the neighborhoods of the Hospitals you listed, with the exception of Maimonides, would not be suitable for living, in my opinion...The neigborhoods in Brooklyn I would consider safe for a female living alone are: Park Slope, Bay Ridge, Fort Hamilton, Bensonhurst, Dyker Heights, Sheepshead Bay, Coney Island, Midwood and along Ocean Parkway.. You should be able to find a studio for under $1000 but why don't you want to share?