PDA

View Full Version : practical stores in Midtown or close by?

caspian915
June 27th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I'm looking for a store in Midtown (or relatively close...even right across the river in Queens) where I can buy a small travel garment steamer or travel iron today. Truth be told, I've a got date tonight and I'd like to show up without my clothes looking all wrinkled from sitting at work all day. Any quick advice is appreciated.

sps

ryan
June 27th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Duane Reade? There's a Kmart in Penn Station... but if you're staying at a hotel they should have an iron you can use.

caspian915
June 27th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I work on 53rd and 5th, and I'm rather new to NYC, so I haven't had a chance to explore Midtown that much. CVS might cut it, but perhaps there's someplace better for this kind of purchase? Either a travel store or a general store.

caspian915
June 27th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Duane Reade online doesn't show much of a selection and really expensive. I realize I'm in New York, but really there's gotta be a cheaper option somewhere.

CastleHillzfinest718
June 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Ususally there are street venders that sell that kind of stuff. I know I was in the Palisades mall, which I think is NY Metro's best mall, and they had one of those irons there as a vender, although I don't know if they are still there. I'm sure you'll be able to find some venders in the city streets though.

caspian915
June 27th, 2006, 11:27 AM
I had no idea there was a K-Mart in Manhattan. They have one for $20 on their website, so I think I'll look there first out of convenience. But thanks everyone for the help, and I'll make a mental note of Palisades Mall.

sps

pianoman11686
June 27th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Just off the top of my head...there's a Best Buy a few blocks south of you on 5th. Can't say I've ever looked for an iron in one of those, but they do sell all sorts of appliances. It might be worth checking out.

stache
June 27th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Or Bed Bath & Beyond.