PDA

View Full Version : I have a question....

Dr Funky
June 28th, 2006, 04:58 PM
OK, this is for all the people that live in New York city, I have a question.

Why is it that all of you guys think that the Buffalo, Niagara Falls area is a gigantic corn field filled with cows?

In my entire life I have never seen a cow waltzing down Niagara Falls Boulevard.....

I was just wondering why you guys think that.

Schadenfrau
June 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Who exactly told you this?

Dr Funky
June 28th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Who exactly told you this?

People from new york, when I tell them about our area they are shocked and in awe that we have people living here.

And then they are even more shocked when they find out its a ghetto

antinimby
June 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Those people you spoke to are ignorant but that doesn't mean everyone here is. I'd be more wary of them for reasons other than them not knowing about Buffalo/Niagara.
I've never been there and even I know that Buffalo is a big city.

ryan
June 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, it's true that some downstate ppl think it's all cows upstate, but then again, Dr. Funky, you can drive 15 minutes and see a cow...

MrSpice
June 28th, 2006, 05:21 PM
People from new york, when I tell them about our area they are shocked and in awe that we have people living here.

And then they are even more shocked when they find out its a ghetto

It just proves that there are stupid people everywhere including New York. Somehow, I have enver thought of Niagara Falls, and especially Buffalo as a place where one can see cows. In fact, I always knew that Buffalo is a large city in the Wesern New York state on the Canadian border. One stereotype I heard about Buffalo is that it has some really poor and rather unsafe neighborhoods, and, as the rest of Upstate NY, is not in a good financial shape economically. But I have never heard anything about cows... :)

ZippyTheChimp
June 28th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Maybe they thought you were from here. (http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Buffalo,+OK)

antinimby
June 28th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Dr Funky, your location shows Crack City. Is there really such a place?

Dr Funky
June 28th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Those people you spoke to are ignorant but that doesn't mean everyone here is. I'd be more wary of them for reasons other than them not knowing about Buffalo/Niagara.
I've never been there and even I know that Buffalo is a big city.

So that isn't a common thought?

I thought it was, because mostly EVERYONE that I talked to before moving here thought that all of Upstate was a corn field with prisons scattered here and there.

PS, Buffalo/Niagara is actually in Western New York, it's more like the "West Coast" of New York State.

Niagara Falls:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/AGhost_/HubCityedited.jpg

http://www.jumpthefalls.com/photos/fp/slides/Crime_Prevention.JPG

MrSpice
June 28th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Is that a picture of a corn processing facility? :)

antinimby
June 28th, 2006, 05:30 PM
No, it's a dairy plant. :D

Dr Funky
June 28th, 2006, 05:32 PM
LOL, you guys are funny too :D

I got crack city from a friend of mine that got chased by the cops, he got evicted and moved into a shittier neighborhood and thats what he called it.

Downtown Crack City, I was laughing my ass off

MrSpice
June 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I am not sure if a human building would choose to live in this kind of house. Now I know why some people think only cows live there. Is that a City Hall building in Niagara Falls by any chance?

Dr Funky
June 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I am not sure if a human building would choose to live in this kind of house. Now I know why some people think only cows live there. Is that a City Hall building in Niagara Falls by any chance?

Im confused by what you mean

Dr Funky
June 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM
OK, I found this link that someone made about my city, and I will be continuing this discussion here:

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3817&highlight=Niagara

Ninjahedge
June 29th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Whenever I hear the word "Buffalo", several things come to mind.

1) The animal.
2) The nickel with the animal on it.
3) Chicken Wings
4) "Lake Effect" snow.

;)

Dr Funky
June 29th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Whenever I hear the word "Buffalo, several things come to mind.

1) The animal.
2) The nickel with the animal on it.
3) Chicken Wings
4) "Lake Effect" snow.

;)

LOL, we do have summer months here too. It's not like it's an arctic Iceland all year round like people portray it to be.

As a matter of fact last year we had temperatures reach into the hundreds....

Schadenfrau
June 29th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I really doubt that anyone is convinced that Buffalo has year-round snow.

DrFunky, you seem to have picked up the unpleasant Canadian habit of being defensive about your locale based upon exaggerations and jokes that no one really believes.

Dr Funky
June 29th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I really doubt that anyone is convinced that Buffalo has year-round snow.

DrFunky, you seem to have picked up the unpleasant Canadian habit of being defensive about your locale based upon exaggerations and jokes that no one really believes.

Actually it kind of stems from this kid from Brooklyn that laughed in my face abut the Falls. :mad: