PDA

View Full Version : How to get to LIC

idesignm2
July 13th, 2006, 07:44 PM
OK so I am driving to the Best Western in Long Island City tomorrow and I want to avoid driving through Manhattan. I went to the city about two months ago and visited a friend in Jamaica Queens who had directions to go through the GW Bridge to the Throgs Neck and a few others to avoid Manhatttan driving as much as I can. But now I need to get to this address and no driving direction website is giving me directions that would suit what I need.

So here goes:
Best Western City View
33-17 Greenpoint Ave
Long Island City, NY 11101

Any help would be amazing. Thanks a lot.

shocka
July 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
OK so I am driving to the Best Western in Long Island City tomorrow and I want to avoid driving through Manhattan. I went to the city about two months ago and visited a friend in Jamaica Queens who had directions to go through the GW Bridge to the Throgs Neck and a few others to avoid Manhatttan driving as much as I can. But now I need to get to this address and no driving direction website is giving me directions that would suit what I need.

So here goes:
Best Western City View
33-17 Greenpoint Ave

Any help would be amazing. Thanks a lot.

Where are you coming from.

how about

GW - MAjor Deagon - Triboro - Grand Central - BQE - LIE - To Exit 16 Van Dam St

Google it to exact details.

ryan
July 14th, 2006, 12:34 PM
So here goes:
Best Western City View
33-17 Greenpoint Ave

I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion on this hotel after your trip. I drive by all the time and wonder... It's such a weird neighborhood.

shocka
July 14th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion on this hotel after your trip. I drive by all the time and wonder... It's such a weird neighborhood.

like any other nabe.. i guess once u live there u learn to love it.

milleniumcab
July 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM
It is important for us to know a few more details.. Your destination is clear, I know exactly where it is. I wish you were more clera as to where your trip will commence..

But if you are taking the GW in, best route would be below:

Harlem River Drive South to Triborough Bridge to Grand Central Parkway East to Long Island Expressway West to exit 16, Greenpoint Avenue exit. After exiting stay to the left and make a left at the traffic light onto Greenpoint Avenue. The Hotel will be on the right hand side, once you are over the highway..

I would stay away from Brooklyn Queens Expressway, since you sound like you don't like traffic much..

Happy traveling..

Try2Live4God
July 17th, 2006, 03:35 PM
like any other nabe.. i guess once u live there u learn to love it.

That is the truth!! ;)