PDA

View Full Version : TRAFFIC TICKET IN BROOKLYN (on motorcycle)

shyppl
July 14th, 2006, 03:07 PM
:confused: I got pull over by a cop yesterday when I rode the motorcycle on Bay Parkway & Bath Ave. When the cop tell me that I did not signal and I try to explain which the cop not even want to listen any words out of my mouth and presuite to the car and close the door. All the cop want is to issue the ticket and leave. Is the cop now day have attitute or something or they think they are all that. When they give ticket they don't even care who or what, all they care is to give out ticket. I don't think the cops are resonable to anyone on the road. I think the cops in NYC are a very big looser compare to all other cities.

Can someone suggest is the cop try to make the quota or anything? I don't think I am doing bad things that the cop were follow me and issue me a ticket which I dont think I did any mistake. I told the cop that I did signal, but now it's the cop's words against my words. (do you think the judge believe in cops or just another person got screw by the cops).

shyppl:eek: :mad: :confused:

Ninjahedge
July 14th, 2006, 04:05 PM
First of all, do you have a strong accent?

There is nothing wrong with having an accent, but if you were talking to the cop just like you were writing here, I can see why the cop would not have much patience for you.

Also, what kind of bie were you riding, and how were you riding it? There may be a ticket quota, but if you were slaloming through traffic then the cop probably pulled you over to stop you from doing that.

As for any way to get out of the ticket, good luck. Just go there on the date marked, dress decently, and be nice to everyone. If you do, you will stand a small chance of having it repealed, but 99 times out of 100, no chance.

It would just be easier to pay the ticket and remember to use your signal next time you turn.

mrsbobbygoren
July 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Quota I say! Wait it's not the end of the month, nevermind!:)

Bob
July 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Anyone who gets a ticket of any kind in New York City is automatically "guilty" in the eyes of the Court, which is simply interested in scooting you along AFTER you pay your fine. Not even the slightest pretense of due process or a fair hearing is done. Fight all you want -- and I encourage it -- but don't expect to get out of paying. THEY JUST WANT THEIR MONEY. But hey -- it's a free country. Right.

MrSpice
July 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
As for any way to get out of the ticket, good luck. Just go there on the date marked, dress decently, and be nice to everyone. If you do, you will stand a small chance of having it repealed, but 99 times out of 100, no chance.

It would just be easier to pay the ticket and remember to use your signal next time you turn.

It's very fashionable to talk about NYPD as a fine organization that makes our city safe. However, many of the officers, especially those responsible for traffic violations love to give tickets. many of these people really like to do it knowing that the judge in the court is very unlikely to find you no guilty even if you dispute the ticket. I got one ticket in Brooklyn a few years back when I am sure I did not do what the officer suggested. I took half a day from work and went to the court in Coney Island. As long as the officer shows up in court and pretends that he knows the details of the ticket, I felt I had no chance whatsoever to have my ticket dismissed. It's really not a full-fledged democracy by any measure. Brooklyn traffic court is a mix between the Soviet Union-like system and the American system where you are guilty in 90% of the time and your word means nothing against the word of often agitated and mean police officer.

Try2Live4God
July 17th, 2006, 03:30 PM
First, i'd like to say that I don't mean to offend anyone in this forum. I've lived in NYC all my life and I may be one of the few that actually luv the NYPD. I'm even gonna join them one day.

Nonetheless, a lot people talk about how the NYPD is this and that when they're getting tickets. Some people don't like the way it works in the city, but I usually just say move if you're not happy with it. Although I do understand that some cops are arrogant.

I would say just fight it and see. It's still worth a shot. Sorry for babbling....:D