Thread: New** Old world trade center 3d model

Default New** Old world trade center 3d model

Figure this as a repost from another forum. Here is the link. Im aware of the numerous wtc 3d models in the past but I'm making one in the blender 3d program. I decided to post here because o thought some of you would be interested. I'm nowhere near skilled as str in the other model but here is what I have I will begin to post the new pics on both forums but for now check them out here. http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203775
    -Rafael Fernandez

Default Wip

Some more renders/blender pics! Ive worked on the TV antenna, The windows, The roof, and a lil bit of the lobby. Now Im going to redo the awning pyramids,model the lobby escalators. I know about the 2 sky lobbys i will model those. I know my computer does not have the best quality because its an old IMAC G5 but im trying to get the best quality. And well see where i get from there! I think its looking pretty great! please criticize, comment, and recommend ideas please!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 26.jpg 
Views:	922 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	11570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 24.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	11571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 25.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	11572

Thumbs up

Good work. You're clearly on the right track so I'll just leave you to do your thing, without criticism, while you continue to refine and add details (plus I've no clue how to do what you're doing so who am I to say ...).

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Good work. You're clearly on the right track so I'll just leave you to do your thing, without criticism, while you continue to refine and add details (plus I've no clue how to do what you're doing so who am I to say ...).
    haha thanks! yeah when i first started I was looking at STRs old model and I dont even know why I even wanted to make the WTC when there was already one 100000 times more detailed and better. He went really far with the detail though. Im looking to do alot of detail but not the smallest things like all the little I beams for each building but you get my level that im at . Oh and I noticed you were in that thread as well. Welcome haha

I get around.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    I get around.
    haha gotcha! btw do you how many flights of stairs there are between 1wtc and marriot? and how many were in each flight?

Default new photos!

Pics! I redid the awning. and added some small details to that area. finally got some pics of the whole tower since its so tall! I cant tell but do yall think it looks a little to short?

(not actual southtower I will do the south tower from scratch as well! I just duplicated this.)

Haha there it is

Name:	Picture 28.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	11573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 30.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	11574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 33.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	11575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 29.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	11576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 34.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	11577

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rafaelmfernandez View Post
    Figure this as a repost from another forum. Here is the link. Im aware of the numerous wtc 3d models in the past but I'm making one in the blender 3d program. I decided to post here because o thought some of you would be interested. I'm nowhere near skilled as str in the other model but here is what I have I will begin to post the new pics on both forums but for now check them out here. http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203775
    -Rafael Fernandez
    Related, here is another guy's model for Old Yankee Stadium - I'm sure you will appreciate:
    http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...3D-Renderings/

unfortunately you need to be registered to see his renderings
    Last edited by GordonGecko; December 7th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.

Default pics

messing around with textures and fixed the windows on the world windows (no pun) tomorrow I will finally start WTC 6 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 38.png 
Views:	307 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	11578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 41.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	11579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 39.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	11580

Default WTC 6 progress

Ugh so today was extremely stressful and I wasnt able to get much done. To add to that I modelled WTC 6 entirely and when I finished blender quit on me! >:/ But I was able to model it again pretty quickly. Ive decided to model the Underground concourse but not extremely detailed just basic. This is the beginning of a long journey for me.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 44.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	11586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 43.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	11587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 42.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	11588

Trying to fit some time in to get some of this done. Im gonna keep tower 2 where it is now. Done with most of the North Tower's antenna. Render times are starting to go up to where I actually have to wait! Right now Im at about 182,000 faces. Im going to model the lobbys of all 7 buildings (elevators, stairs, doors etc..) Ive done some of the concourse but dont have really anything to show of it. Finally got the skylobbys in both towers, something that has been missing since the beginning. Got to model the rest of tower 1 and 2 roofs......tomorrow.

Ive attached recent renders and here is a layout of the whole complex (for the people who arent familiar with it) It only shows where the buildings are in the complex. enjoy

Name:	Picture 53.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	11603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 55.png 
Views:	300 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	11604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 54.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	11605