Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brompton - 200 East 86th Street - Condo (UES) - by Robert A.M. Stern

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    There's a 210' height limit in this area, which is why all these top out at 20 stories. So in order to get more sq. ft. more buildings must come down. The zoning rules in this city are retarded and the community will always end up blaming the "greedy developers."
    Occasionally, even the Wired New York community. We need to be in the forefront of awareness when it comes to zoning's harmful impact:

Quote Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
    Common sense just tells you that if you allow them to build higher (meaning get more units built on one site) they wouldn't have to go elsewhere to build to meet the demand for new units.

Therefore, upzoning actually preserves the character of the neighborhood more than downzoning. I know that is hard for the NIMBY mind to grasp but that is the truth.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Just to clarify, ablarc I'm assuming, is agreeing with my statement.

Question

How are this tower and the lucida progressing? Are they above street level yet? These are great projects IMO

Both buildings (the Brompton and the Lucida) are still below street level but have been pouring concrete for the last month or so. No cranes yet.

Cool! I hope they start rising soon

June 8, 2007:

Default The Brompton

what are people's point of view on this property that live in this area....are there lots of restaurants, things to do.?.....Is this going to be a really busy corner?

The Dude Abides

86th street is one of the busiest retail/transportation corridors in the entire city.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    what are people's point of view on this property that live in this area....are there lots of restaurants, things to do.?.....Is this going to be a really busy corner?
    I lived on 87th and third (facing third ave) for 6 years. 86th is very busy as people come from all over to go shopping at bestbuy, circuit city, pc richards, petco, footlocker, gristedes, barnes and noble etc etc.. During the day - lots of people, but at night area gets pretty quiet.

restaurants - lots of them on 2nd avenue and some on third in the high 70s to the 90s. lex is a bit quieter - less restaurants

great area, good for families. also lots of dive bars on second, but I loved it out here. the express stop is great too if you go to midtown everyday. carl shultz park down the street and central park the other way.

finally, re brompton, i think the entrance will actually be on the 85th st side, so will not be heavy pedestrian traffic near your lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by jennicak View Post
    i think the entrance will actually be on the 85th st side, so will not be heavy pedestrian traffic near your lobby.
    Do you know how they will facilitate that? The site doesn't seem to go through to 85th street unless they use the Equinox building on the 85th street corner.

Quote Originally Posted by macreator View Post
    Do you know how they will facilitate that? The site doesn't seem to go through to 85th street unless they use the Equinox building on the 85th street corner.
    i cld be wrong... i thought i had heard that - can anyone confirm?

Default front door

The sales person told me that the entrance will be on 85th street..

The Dude Abides

6/23: Up to floor 5.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast