Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my itinary New years + proposal

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    picture?
    It is not finished yet,

But its a custom made platinum ring with a D-flawless diamond with and ideal cut and nil flu.... it took me soooo long to find the perfect stone (also a long time to save up but i am sure it wil be worth it), i am such a perfectionist- i will post a pic when i collect it.

Default And onwards.........

Ok thanks for all the advise on the boat including the well grounded advise from Schadenfrau(i was listening), the encouraging advise from LOVE-NYC and the über helpful tips from lofter1 + ZippyTheChimp.

So many of the comments were on this and i have a lot to consider but i would really like your advise on the rest of the days activities. For example Schadenfrau does not recomend the HRC and based on this (See listening) i would like some other suggestions....

Please any tips on anything i have planned good or bad i want to know

OK, I just called the Boat House (special events) and they told me that their boats are removed in October and stored for the winter. The women there was very touched by your determination and would have loved to help. At this point I agree with Zippy the Chimp that you would not want to get arrested by NYPD these days...things have changed! Sorry! Plus the women I spoke to insisted that the lake most likely will be frozen in January....at this point you could rent the ice skating rink in central park and put your rubber dingy in the middle of it and propose there...

I would not do lunch at the HRC...way too touristy! I don't know about your budget but if you want to do something really,really special for lunch before your stroll in the Park, go the Asiate Restaurant at the Mandarin Hotel in the new Time Warner Center (it's expensive but they do have fixed price menu for lunch). The restaurant/hotel lobby is on the 35th floor and you will have a breath taking view of the NYC skyline and parts of Central Park.

If you are planning to go there on the 31st of Jan. for lunch, you might want to call and make your reservations now!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVE-NYC View Post
    I would not do lunch at the HRC...way too touristy! I don't know about your budget but if you want to do something really,really special for lunch before your stroll in the Park, go the Asiate Restaurant at the Mandarin Hotel in the new Time Warner Center (it's expensive but they do have fixed price menu for lunch). The restaurant/hotel lobby is on the 35th floor and you will have a breath taking view of the NYC skyline and parts of Central Park.

If you are planning to go there on the 31st of Jan. for lunch, you might want to call and make your reservations now!
    Thanks you are being such a great help- i really mean it!!!
    Budget is not too much of an issue, but what is the dress code (i want it to be fun and relaxed-that way i guess the next day will seem even more romantic in contrast)??

Also when the woman said she would be happy to help-did she say how (plus thanks heaps for calling, that is really nice of you)

A dingy on the ice rink would acctually be really funny, i could say that i meant to go for a boat ride but it was frozen over-lol i quite like that idea...

Thanjks for all your help so far - Big gold star for you!!

Always happy to be of help... The Asiate Restaurant is not exactly a fun and relaxed atmosphere...it's upscale with breathtaking views. It's smart business" attire for lunch...it's really all about the views...and the food is great, of course. Here is their website...take a look and decide for yourself.
    http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/532000039.asp

Here is also the link to the wollman ice skating rink in central park...and they do special events ...check out the web site!
    http://www.wollmanskatingrink.com/main_wollman.htm

No, the women at the boat house did not elaborate - she was just touched by your determination and for giving this so much thought.

Look what I just found on the website ..."wollman rink's "perfect date" is second to none when it comes to "popping the question.." http://www.wollmanskatingrink.com/wo...vents/date.php

PS: I'm sure they would be more than happy to serve you champagne in your rubber dingy in the middle of the rink...PLUS you could have some romantic music playing in the backgournd....beats the lake if you ask me!

Look what I just found on the website ..."wollman rink's "perfect date" is second to none when it comes to "popping the question.." http://www.wollmanskatingrink.com/wo...vents/date.php

PS: I'm sure they would be more than happy to serve you champagne in your rubber dingy in the middle of the rink...PLUS you could have some romantic music playing in the backgournd....beats the lake if you ask me!
    Wow....totally out done yourself- there is no doubt that this is perfect.... but how much would it cost, it says thay can accomodate up to 2000 people so does that mean i need to buy 2000 tickets... i really like this but i am not sure i have this much cash..... but WOW it is good...you are good, double gold star!!

Default Again this is fantastic

I just looked at this again....it is sooo perfect.......

Default Found this one too

Hey look the Ice rink in the fockafeller center does it too...

http://www.rapatina.com/iceRink/engagementOnIce.pdf

This is only $150...so i wonder how much the one in central park is, does any one know the prices etc?

Isn't there a number for you to call and ask?

The ice rink in central park is so much nicer than Rockefeller one. I can't imagine it to be too expenisve unless you do the whole heated tend, 5 course dinner, champagne etc. Just call them, the number is on the web site I gave you!

The ice rink in central park is so much nicer than Rockefeller one. I can't imagine it to be too expenisve unless you do the whole heated tend, 5 course dinner, champagne etc. Just call them, the number is on the web site I gave you!
    I sent them a contact form yesterday (times zones make calling difficult and i think my gf would be onto me if i were calling anywhere after say 10pm, esspecially if she saw international calls on the bill)

I will let u guys know the outcome

any one know where i could hire a gospal choir from and how much it would cost?? (1 song)

Default über Help please...!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankHegly View Post
    Wow....totally out done yourself- there is no doubt that this is perfect.... but how much would it cost, it says thay can accomodate up to 2000 people so does that mean i need to buy 2000 tickets... i really like this but i am not sure i have this much cash..... but WOW it is good...you are good, double gold star!!
    Just called them......it would be $2500......
    Should i do it.......150/ verses 2500...but then it is private
    but for a few hours it seems steep.........Hmmmmm i just dont know
    Advise please (esspecially Love-NYC)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast