Thread: New Rochelle is rising too

Default New Rochelle is rising too

Good morning guys,

I know that you are aware of the projects rising around the area. I have seen very little detail about the development going on in New Rochelle (located about 15 mins south of White Plains). Monroe College, my alma mater, has a campus there. New Rochelle, along with Port Chester and White Plains, has a large hispanic population and a black presence, although not as large.

New Roc City: I spend many of my weekends in New Roc City, the entertainment complex built some years back.

Monroe College: In the last five years there has been a spur of development starting with Avalon on the Sound I (I believe thats the name). Monroe College has built a new residence hall and has plans for another to begin. Home of the National Champion NJCAA Division III womens Basketball Team and the 2005 SIFE National Champions.

Avalon: The Avalon group erected a high rise apartment building a few years back. Avalon II, coincidentally enough began construction about a month after Trump started...funny. Avalon I is rentals, Avalon II will be condos or coops. The rents at Avalon have risen 45% since Trump announced his project a year or so ago.

Trump Plaza New Rochelle: Trump New Rochelle is close to completion. (pictures on the left are older, pictures on the right are from my camera phone two weeks ago).

There are also plans by Capelli Enterprises to renew the Lawton Street area in New Rochelle. The new luxury residential-retail-hotel-office complex will feature two, 32-story, 390-foot towers comprising 400,000 square feet of luxury residences, and 200,000 square feet of boutique retail space including national tenants on multiple levels. Additionally, an office/hotel complex of 300,000 square feet is proposed as part of the project.

So we now have Trump towers in JC, White Plains, and New Rochelle?

Darn, they are just like Burger Kings!!!

Camden's next?

Quote Originally Posted by injcsince81 View Post
    So we now have Trump towers in JC, White Plains, and New Rochelle?

Darn, they are just like Burger Kings!!!

Camden's next?
    There were a couple projects in Camden last year. They built these beautiful condos for about 259k each but very little was done to the neighborhood. I hope those condos come with a bullet proof vest...Camden was averaging a murder a week for a long stretch.

These kinds of developments could easily happen in certain areas of the Bronx if only city planning would wake up and rezone the area but they seem keen on making the Bronx a 6 story fedders housing paradise.

Default trump name is golden in the suburbs apparently

http://www.globest.com/news/781_781/.../150582-1.html - looks like Trump New Rochelle is a success story.

I agree with you about the Bronx - this site is very well positioned between Fairfield and Manhattan, the two highest income earnings area in the country.

I don't understand why they don't rezone the Bronx and deregulate rents to take advantage of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    These kinds of developments could easily happen in certain areas of the Bronx if only city planning would wake up and rezone the area but they seem keen on making the Bronx a 6 story fedders housing paradise.
    That's so true. The Bronx is closer, with both Metro-North AND subway lines. I guess it's just the stigma of the Bronx will never disappear, and I'd expect opposition to 30+ story towers from residents...unfortunately.

And so another example of suburbs leeching off the city.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    I'd bet you the dumb city planning people don't even know what's going on outside the city borders.

Trump New Rochelle is just about complete. Mornoe College is breaking ground on two more buildings. Three condominiums have sprouted up on main street.