Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you believe this?

Default Can you believe this?

Maybe this video is already here, in Wired New York Forum although i haven´t found it yet...
    So here it goes...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59923762628848

I am shocked...

I need your opinions on this...

The question is not so much "Can you believe this?" as it is: "If these are true facts, how can you not believe it?"

What baloney! I can't imagine there are people in this world who have enough time on their hands to sit around creating this tripe! Enough of this nonsense about a supposed missile slamming into the Pentagon. One of my employees was ON THE PHONE with controllers in the tower at Washington National Airport on 9/11. These air traffic controllers SAW THE WHOLE THING as it happened and relayed it over the phone. The so-called "documentary" presented on the link is propaganda. Or, a fairy tale. Believe what you will.

Yeah, but the scene in the Pentagon is kindda intriguing...
    I mean...
    All I can see is a big hole through de building, but I can´t see any plane wings there!
    Can you explain that?

What else....hum, let me think...
    Okay, What about Usama bin Laden being right-handed on a videotape "released by the terrorists"?! On the FBI's website he is left-handed...

Strange

There are so many things on that documentary that prove US government is behind it all...
    Think about it, if there is much more to think about..!

Here's one to roll around in your head.

If the government went to all the trouble of crashing two planes into buildings in New York, why didn't they just crash a third plane into the Pentagon? What was the point of using a missile?

I guess so we can all be entertained by silly videos.

Has anyone figured out yet why you can't see stars on the moon, or was the moon landing done on a Warner Bros sound stage, and that stupid director just forgot to turn on the lights?

I saw the video. It's proof.

Banned Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp
    ...Has anyone figured out yet why you can't see stars on the moon, or was the moon landing done on a Warner Bros sound stage, and that stupid director just forgot to turn on the lights?
    These are good questions Zippy.

Angry Different topic same response

Updated: 01:54 PM EST
    IM This E-mail This

Subdivision Bans Wreath With Peace Sign
    Homeowner Defies Board, Faces About $1000 in Fines
    By ROBERT WELLER, AP

DENVER (Nov. 27) - A homeowners association in southwestern Colorado has threatened to fine a resident $25 a day until she removes a Christmas wreath with a peace sign that some say is an anti-Iraq war protest or a symbol of Satan.

Some residents who have complained have children serving in Iraq, said Bob Kearns, president of the Loma Linda Homeowners Association in Pagosa Springs. He said some residents have also believed it was a symbol of Satan. Three or four residents complained, he said.
    "Somebody could put up signs that say drop bombs on Iraq. If you let one go up you have to let them all go up," he said in a telephone interview Sunday.Lisa Jensen said she wasn't thinking of the war when she hung the wreath. She said, "Peace is way bigger than not being at war. This is a spiritual thing."
    [left]Jensen, a past association president, calculates the fines will cost her about $1,000, and doubts they will be able to make her pay. But she said she's not going to take it down until after Christmas.
    "Now that it has come to this I feel I can't get bullied," she said. "What if they don't like my Santa Claus."
    The association in this 200-home subdivision 270 miles southwest of Denver has sent a letter to her saying that residents were offended by the sign and the board "will not allow signs, flags etc. that can be considered divisive."
    The subdivision's rules say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee.
    Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything. Kearns fired all five committee members.

11/27/06 12:50 EST

^ IGNORANT MORONS!!

OY!!!

So much for honoring the birth of the Prince of PEACE, eh ??????

Quote Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
    The subdivision's rules say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee.

Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything. Kearns fired all five committee members.
    Nice one...

Um, how can he fire all five of them when he himself is supposed to be appointed by the association?

This woman should file a motion/vote for this guy to be removed. See who gets taken down first.

Pro-Peace Symbol Forces Win Battle in Colorado Town

Randi Pierce/Durango Herald, via Associated Press
    Bill Trimarco and Lisa Jensen with their symbolic wreath.

nytimes.com
    By KIRK JOHNSON
    November 29, 2006

DENVER, Nov. 28 — Peace is fighting back in Pagosa Springs.

Last week, a couple were threatened with fines of $25 a day by their homeowners’ association unless they removed a four-foot wreath shaped like a peace symbol from the front of their house.

The fines have been dropped, and the three-member board of the association has resigned, according to an e-mail message sent to residents on Monday.

Two board members have disconnected their telephones, apparently to escape the waves of callers asking what the board could have been thinking, residents said. The third board member, with a working phone, did not return a call for comment.

In its original letter to the couple, Lisa Jensen and Bill Trimarco, the association said some neighbors had found the peace symbol politically “divisive.”

A board member later told a newspaper that he thought the familiar circle with angled lines was also, perhaps, a sign of the devil.

The peace symbol came to prominence in the late 1950s as the logo for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, a British antiwar group, according to the group’s Web site. It incorporates the semaphore flag images for the letters in the group’s name, a “D” atop an “N.”

Other people have said the upright line with arms angled down, commonplace in the United States in the Vietnam War, especially, has roots in the early Christian era, representing a twisted or broken cross.

Mr. Trimarco said he put up the wreath as a general symbol of peace on earth, not as a commentary on the Iraq war or another political statement.

In any case, there are now more peace symbols in Pagosa Springs, a town of 1,700 people 200 miles southwest of Denver, than probably ever in its history.

On Tuesday morning, 20 people marched through the center carrying peace signs and then stomped a giant peace sign in the snow perhaps 300 feet across on a soccer field, where it could be easily seen.

“There’s quite a few now in our subdivision in a show of support,” Mr. Trimarco said.

A former president of the Loma Linda community, where Mr. Trimarco lives, said Tuesday that he had stepped in to help form an interim homeowners’ association.

The former president, Farrell C. Trask, described himself in a telephone interview as a military veteran who would fight for anyone’s right to free speech, peace symbols included.

Town Manager Mark Garcia said Pagosa Springs was building its own peace wreath, too. Mr. Garcia said it would be finished by late Tuesday and installed on a bell tower in the center of town.

Copyright 2006 The New York Times Company

The former president, Farrell C. Trask, described himself in a telephone interview as a military veteran who would fight for anyone’s right to free speech, peace symbols included.
    So long as they were not on HIS piece of land....

OR against a war he is fighting for!!! :crosseyed:

The peace wreath is an excellent idea, they ought to be everywhere. If the "holidays" can have a universal and multi-denominational meaning, 'peace on Earth and good will towards everyone' is as good as any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast