Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: The Princess Diana Conspiracy

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Tenenbaum View Post
    As for JFK, my own view is that knowing what we know now about the way individuals with power can operate in government (or outside of government) with FOI and other safeguards that didnt exist pre Watergate, you would have to be a little closed minded to think that only 1 shooter was behind JFK's assassination.

    Look at the videoes posted by me here:

    http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/sh...+assassination

    So whos to say that it was a simple car accident? Do we really know what is going on?
    Or maybe shit just does happen. I know its hard to accept that accidents happen or people are just incompetent, that it is easier to believe that there is an over arching conspiracy then to accept that you or the government can not control everything in our lives. I certainly believe in the cockup theory of government, where one shortsighted decision snowballs in to unintended consequences. I believe in the power of people being lazy, forgetful, sticking with what they know and not thinking anything will be different. Funnily enough I don't think I'm close minded I do actually try and challenge any pre-conceived ideas I hold.

  2. #17

    Default

    If there's a conspiracy to cause the death of a famous person, then it had better be successful, because you won't get a good second chance without raising suspicion.

    If I remember correctly, Diana was not wearing a seat belt, and it was stated that she probably would have survived if she was wearing one.

    While many people are killed in auto crashes, the majority survive them.

  3. #18

    Default

    Diana was not wearing a seat-belt because the seat-belts were jammed....impossible to extend and buckle.

    I know this.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Diana was not wearing a seat-belt because the seat-belts were jammed....impossible to extend and buckle.

    I know this.
    Someone defined a disaster as the failure of all systems.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio View Post
    Diana was not wearing a seat-belt because the seat-belts were jammed....impossible to extend and buckle.

    I know this.
    If - and that's a mighty big if - the seat-belts were jammed as you claim you 'know', why didn't she refuse to be driven in the car? Or maybe ask the driver to slow down. Or maybe noticed he was pissed?

    Actually, no, don't bother answering.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urban75 View Post
    Or maybe noticed he was pissed?
    Weren't they all?

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    Weren't they all?
    You tell me - you seem to think you know the answers.

  8. #23

    Default

    ^ Only what I read in the papers.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    ^ Only what I read in the papers.
    Oh well, it must be true then.

  10. #25

    Default

    This documentary is chilling

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...princess+diana

    And what chance do we mere mortals have if we ever get married - just look at what Di got up to:

    http://www.londonnet.co.uk/ln/guide/...na_lovers.html

    9 Lovers that we know of.

    Notwithstanding that Princess Diana was estranged from Prince Charles she was still the Princess of Wales at the time of the accident.

    She would almost certainly have had a certain level of protection around her. Why didnt they protect her?

    Surely even Dodi would have had a good level of protection. There are far less wealthy businessmen who have armour plated cars and security guards with training who ensure safe transit from A to B including ensuring that the mode of transport is safe in advance, whether it be helicopter, motor vehicle or whatever.

    Another thing: In the United Kingdom there is a strong trend from day one to wear a seatbelt - big fines if you dont have it on - so its a habit that is impossible to lose. Heck, for people in this environment when they get in a car and the seatbelt is not working they insist that the driver stop.
    Last edited by Gregory Tenenbaum; September 28th, 2006 at 05:51 AM.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Tenenbaum View Post
    Notwithstanding that Princess Diana was estranged from Prince Charles she was still the Princess of Wales at the time of the accident..
    Jeez, why can't you get your basic facts right if you're going to trot out this conspiraloon tosh?



    She was no longer the "Princess of Wales", neither was she " estranged from Prince Charles" - they were divorced in August 1996.

    Find out more on this dreadful Royal brown-nosing fest:
    http://www.princess-diana.com/diana/divorce.htm

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urban75 View Post
    Jeez, why can't you get your basic facts right if you're going to trot out this conspiraloon tosh?



    She was no longer the "Princess of Wales", neither was she " estranged from Prince Charles" - they were divorced in August 1996.

    Find out more on this dreadful Royal brown-nosing fest:
    http://www.princess-diana.com/diana/divorce.htm
    Yes she was divorced. Strictly you are right, "estranged" is less restrictive in meaning than divorced. Nonetheless, she was still "estranged" from Prince Charles.

    As for her proper title at the time of her death, titles are usually granted by the Crown under Letters Patent (similar to an Executive Directive or Decree).

    I faintly remember that after her divorce she was still entitled under her Letters Patent to be called the Princess of Wales. There was a big hoo-haa about it at the time but it is rare for the Crown to revoke the Letters Patent unless they have good reason (treason, sedition - even a serious felony may not be sufficient - take Lord Archer as an example)

    G.T.

    PS Urban - I like many members here dont expect everyone who posts here to know about the English law of Letters Patent, or the law of Royal and Noble Titles

    But please, don't be so damn aggressive.

    Have a great day.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Tenenbaum View Post
    Yes she was divorced. Strictly you are right, "estranged" is less restrictive in meaning than divorced. Nonetheless, she was still "estranged" from Prince Charles.
    I dunno why I'm bothering, but here you go:
    Someone can only be referred to as Princess <name> under either of two conditions. Firstly, they are the daughter, granddaughter or (until 1917) great granddaughter of the sovereign, as in Princess Anne, daughter of Elizabeth II, Princess Beatrice, granddaughter of Elizabeth II or Princess Sophia, great grand daughter of George II.

    Alternatively the title can be awarded to them. Neither applied in Diana's case. Marriage to a prince does not make someone a princess in her own right, it merely extends to her the female form of her husband's title.

    In the case of Diana, as the wife of the Prince of Wales, she was Princess of Wales. Diana was, in fact, the first Princess of Wales not to be a princess in her own right.....The widely used name Princess Diana in reality did not exist in law and was merely a popular and media invention.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana%2C_Princess_of_Wales
    Anyhow, I don't know how I even got into this debate because I've barely any interest in anything Diana-related (and being Welsh, I particularly disliked having a supposed 'Princess' from England - having Charlie go around claiming to be the 'Prince' of my country was bad enough!)

  14. #29

    Default Urban, Right Royal Prince of Fvcktardism

    Quote Originally Posted by urban75 View Post
    I dunno why I'm bothering, but here you go:
    Anyhow, I don't know how I even got into this debate because...
    Too late for that Urban - you already have.

    Because your vicious and violent reply to my post about Dianas proper title was embarrasingly wrong.Not as embarrassing as your tone however.Dont let that stop you from contributing to the topic. You're not the first to be wrong - we all do it - just not with so much ugly emotion.

    Heres a link from the Royal Family's own website identifying Diana Spencer as the Princess of Wales. I suppose that they are right, the Queen signed the Letters Patent herself.

    http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page151.asp

    Heres the link to Her Majesty's Coroner's Inquest into Diana's death.

    http://www.surreycoroner.info/inquests.html

    In his report the Coroner's correctly identifies the deceased as "Diana, Princess of Wales." If you think the Coroner is wrong, you'd better get on your bicycle quick smart and get down to his office and advise him of this grave error.

    Urban - please show some moderation in your royal outbursts and dont be such a Royal Fvcktard in the future.
    Last edited by Gregory Tenenbaum; September 27th, 2006 at 02:06 PM.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Tenenbaum View Post
    Because your vicious and violent reply to my post about Dianas proper title was embarrasingly wrong.
    You must be living in a cotton wool-lined bag of fluff floating on soft marshmallow clouds if you think my comments were "vicious and violent!"

    With such sensitivity, you must find the world a terrifying place!

    Bless. Poor lamb.



    Anyway, I'll leave you to your tewwibly exciting Diana conspiracy fantasies.

    Enjoy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 911 conspiracy
    By thomasjfletcher in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 452
    Last Post: December 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM
  2. Mark Cuban to Distribute 911 Conspiracy Movie, Loose Change
    By incrediculous in forum News and Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 28th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Google+ - Facebook - Twitter - Meetup

Edward's photos on Flickr - Wired New York on Flickr - In Queens - In Red Hook - Bryant Park - SQL Backup Software