Thread: moving to newark? renaissance towers?

Default moving to newark? renaissance towers?

Hi there, looks like there are a lot of newark people here, i have a few questions if you dont mind

Like many, i thought newark as a bad/scary/etc.. place and never imagined myself moving there. It wasnt until early this year after seeing the area around the path on the way to get my passport renewed i realized it wasnt so bad, at least the downtown. Now just sold my condo in JC and looking at newark as a possible new home.

Anyway here are my questions:

1) The Renaissance Tower condo building, is that considered to be in down town newark? is it a good building? how is the walk from there to the path station, is it relatively safe? I am thinking about buying a unit there

2) 1180 - can you haggle the price at all? the building is top notch no question, but for the same price (or slightly more) i could rented in paulus hook.

3) Are there any other new condo developments happening that's close(less than 0.5mile) to the PATH station?

I am just trying to figure out if it's a good idea to buy/invest//rent in newark downtown. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post

1) The Renaissance Tower condo building, is that considered to be in down town newark? is it a good building? how is the walk from there to the path station, is it relatively safe? I am thinking about buying a unit there
    It is downtown Newark. It used to be an old factory. I didn't know whether they were apartments or condos. The walk to the Path is two blocks - you can cut through the Gateway center when its open and that'll put you right across the street.

2) 1180 - can you haggle the price at all? the building is top notch no question, but for the same price (or slightly more) i could rented in paulus hook.
    you can haggle the rent at any apartment - it's up to the landlord whether to accept it.

3) Are there any other new condo developments happening that's close(less than 0.5mile) to the PATH station?
    The Mulberry St. redevelopment has been discussed for a long time now. You also might consider the Ironbound or James Street (which is further from Penn Station but very close to Broad Street Station, which will take you to Hoboken).