Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miami Condo and High-rise Photos Megga Thread

If you are talking about Global Warming, not just Miami but all coastal areas are in danger and that includes most US major cities, which are located near the coast.

True but areas that experience severe storm surge due to hurricanes are most vulnerable. A large surge could swamp Miami Beach. Not so likely in Brooklyn.

The Dude Abides

That's only true if you assume that a hurricane powerful enough to hit Brooklyn would never form in the first place. With rising sea temperatures, that's becoming increasingly likely. Forecasters have estimated that a category 3 hurricane would, upon a direct hit, submerge JFK airport under more than 20 feet of water.

Well then no condo for me at JFK.

What to ask Santa for X-Mas this year ...

what a horrifying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman11686 View Post
    That's only true if you assume that a hurricane powerful enough to hit Brooklyn would never form in the first place. With rising sea temperatures, that's becoming increasingly likely. Forecasters have estimated that a category 3 hurricane would, upon a direct hit, submerge JFK airport under more than 20 feet of water.
    Not to mention that condos in NY are not built with Hurricane Impact Glass. If a serious storm hit NY there would be more dammage than the same storm hitting Florida. In any event, global warming has the potential to really mess up every city and all economies.

Lightbulb Advanced Marketing Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSereny View Post
    Not to mention that condos in NY are not built with Hurricane Impact Glass. If a serious storm hit NY there would be more dammage than the same storm hitting Florida. In any event, global warming has the potential to really mess up every city and all economies.
    I could put more holes in this argument than Dick Cheney shoots into birds.

Instead, I am going to offer you one of the wisest pieces of marketing advice you'll ever get:

The best way to "sell" a thing or idea is to thoroughly research your consumer and apply a marketing technique that works with that consumer.

If you had thoroughly researched this site before posting your pictures, you would have discovered that the members of this site, as a whole, are very intelligent and shrewd, and know a lot about real estate. With these potential consumers, it doesn't work when you proudly display your upscale but controversial property, and keep on saying how great it is and arguing when members find flaws. It only challenges them strengthen their arguments against the property.

Here's the trick with potential consumers like we:

Have consumers "sell" the idea of your property for you.

If you had thoroughly researched this site, you would have noticed that many of us can't resist helping. You should have turned that to your advantage. You should have started your topic saying (in as many words):

"I have a potential dilemma. I have condo property in Miami that I think is beautiful and would make a great investment for others. [Post pics below.] But there are a few issues that potential investors keep bringing up, and many are never quite satisfied with the answers. Seeking your advice."

You see, you'd be putting us into "help mode." Even if we didn't like your property, most of us would be on "your side."

If you stayed in the role of opinion-seeker -- and I know how hard this is to do -- then you would get some advice that would cost a fortune if you hired a consulting firm.

I don't know if it's too late to do this on WNY, but it is a marvelous strategy for potential consumers who are similar to us site members.

I have spoken my piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    I could put more holes in this argument than Dick Cheney shoots into birds.

Instead, I am going to offer you one of the wisest pieces of marketing advice you'll ever get:

The best way to "sell" a thing or idea is to thoroughly research your consumer and apply a marketing technique that works with that consumer.

If you had thoroughly researched this site before posting your pictures, you would have discovered that the members of this site, as a whole, are very intelligent and shrewd, and know a lot about real estate. With these potential consumers, it doesn't work when you proudly display your upscale but controversial property, and keep on saying how great it is and arguing when members find flaws. It only challenges them strengthen their arguments against the property.

Here's the trick with potential consumers like we:

Have consumers "sell" the idea of your property for you.

If you had thoroughly researched this site, you would have noticed that many of us can't resist helping. You should have turned that to your advantage. You should have started your topic saying (in as many words):

"I have a potential dilemma. I have condo property in Miami that I think is beautiful and would make a great investment for others. [Post pics below.] But there are a few issues that potential investors keep bringing up, and many are never quite satisfied with the answers. Seeking your advice."

You see, you'd be putting us into "help mode." Even if we didn't like your property, most of us would be on "your side."

If you stayed in the role of opinion-seeker -- and I know how hard this is to do -- then you would get some advice that would cost a fortune if you hired a consulting firm.

I don't know if it's too late to do this on WNY, but it is a marvelous strategy for potential consumers who are similar to us site members.

I have spoken my piece.

I am glad open forms like this exist so that we may all express our opinions and share ideas. Although I appreciate your kind words and advice, I respectfully must decline. See, I am a Realtor in Miami, however I am also a Photographer. I enjoy sharing photos online with people around the world and chatting about architecture, etc. My opinion you quoted above was based on a simple factual observation that the building code in Miami requires impact-resistant windows and glass whereas in NY the requirements are lower.

Instead of jumping the gun and assuming I am trying to sell something, which I am not, you could have assumed I was simply sharing some of my favorite photos of buildings that in “my opinion” think look nice. Fortunately, I don’t foresee any point in time where I would market, advertise, or in any way seek customers through a medium such as WNY.

I have no hidden agenda and am not interested in the politics and positioning you suggest.

Happy Holidays!

ps. I took these photos of these buildings as well but just dont find them as interesting.

Last edited by BryanSereny; December 17th, 2006 at 12:07 PM. Reason: photo links didnt work

Default Glass failure in high-rises shocks experts

"Glass failure in high-rises shocks experts"

One of my friends lives in the Espirito Santo building (mentioned in the article, and one of the photos I posted), she was in the building when the glass blew out, and witnessed that it was indeed a tornado that caused the damage rather than simple hurricane winds. This explains why older buildings just blocks away did not lose a single pain of glass. It was gravel from the rooftops of older buildings that was picked up by the tornado and damaged the newer buildings. Since this event, gravel has been removed from the tops of old buildings. That storm was crazy! I had another friend who had the same thing happen at Palm Bay Yacht Club on 69th street, and another that saw a tornado go buy in Sunny Isles. Global warming surely is the cause of such a freak occurrence.

lets make 2007 a great year! Happy New Year everyone!

Like it or not, Miami's financial district is growing fast!

Banned Member

It suffers from Dubai syndrome: Build it and hope they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSereny View Post

Like it or not, Miami's financial district is growing fast!
    not

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast