Thread: Help With Time Hotel and Subway Stations

Default Help With Time Hotel and Subway Stations

Hi, all. Thanks for reading and helping.

I will be in Manhattan in early January (I know, silly time to visit but no choice!). Got a decent deal the Time Hotel and the Hilton Garden Inn. Any advice as to which to do? Time is approx. $40 less per night for two nights.

Then, I want to go to Chinatown for dinner at Wo Hop. Directions on the internet say to just take the "N" to Canal Street and walk over. Is this the best line to use? How far from the station is Mott St.? Or would a cab be better and if you feel it is, how much is the cab far from W. 48 st to Mott St.?

I am renting a car at JFK and plan to park at the hotel. They say it is $23-$26 per day (no in and out). Sounds reasonable to me. Should I drive to Mott St. or is parking a pain there (and then I have to do another day rate!) I have no problem with the subway. We lived in B'klyn many years ago so we are veterans. But it has been awhile.

While I am typing, any one have any views about hotels at JFK? We will transfer there for a few nights (wedding is in B'Klyn) and we have a res at the Fairfield at Kennedy. There does not seem to be any hotel there that is fabulous unless you pay over $200 per night. That is a bit much.

Thanks again for any input.

Rob

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

www.hopstop.com should help with some of the subway questions.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}

Good luck finding any nice hotel in Nyc for less then 200 a night... However to answer your question about the subway. Yes if you do want to get down to China town the best way would by via Subway. If you walk down to Time Square you can take the NRW or Q Express Train. With all three of these trains running it should not take long to pick one up. Taxi fares will cost you 15 dollars, and save you little time. Hope you enjoy the trip.

Time Hotel is allegedly far hipper than the Hilton Garden Inn ...

The restaurant at the Time, 7Square, is great! The steak tartare appetizer is amazing!!! They also have a great lounge.

Thanks for the help. The Time does seem a little more interesting. The standard room seems a bit cozy, though.

The subway station question though was about location in Chinatown. The 4-5-6 seems to be a little closer to Mott Street than the N. Or do they all end up in the same spot?

Thanks again.

The majority of Hotel rooms in NYC are "cozy," but how much time will you be there?

The Canal Street subway stations for all the lines you mention above are within 2 blocks of each other and right near Chinatown. The City Hall Station / Brooklyn Bridge Station are both very near as well.