Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 Church Street (30 Park Place) - 82 stories, 926 ft - by Robert A.M. Stern

I would trust Silverstein's height for now, elevator bulkheads and that ornamental top wouldn't count in the DoB's height anyway...this wouldn't explain where 100' of the building went, but whatever.

Default Oh Please

Don't tell me they made the building shorter. I liked the way it looked when it was 912 ft in height. The whole WTC area looked... right I guess is the best way to put it.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynLove View Post
    this fresh foundation permit is for a 57 story 807' building. please calm my nerves AN.
    Can't. I'm sorry to say that it looks like 807 ft. is all she wrote.

Kings County Loyal BrooklynLove's Avatar

i'm contacting silverstein and asking wtf.

i'll relay whatever response i get (if any) here. if this 57 807 building is the real deal i'll be sick b/c they filed those NB permits barely 2 weeks following the grand presentation of the 80 912 joint. what a smoke screen that would've been - bunch of crapola.

The Dude Abides

I really think there's little chance the building has changed. The filings at DOB are often preliminary and only include part of a building, especially if it's mixed use. We've seen this before.

how do you explain the foundation permit though?

The Dude Abides

Not sure what the difference in relevance is between that and a regular permit. Maybe because they didn't fully demolish the previous building's foundation? I don't know.

It does say, however, that they're not changing the occupancy or the egress of the building. And under "Proposed" and "Existing", the number of units (99) and stories (57) is the same.

I think it's just technical jargon.

Yeah i wouldnt worry, they wouldnt change it so soon after the public presentation.

difference is that this is a foundation permit, not an NB permit. but if they're building this as a foundation for the 912 building, under the 807 permit, then hope still alive

June 11, 2008

Construction Starts This Month at 99 Church Street

Foundation work will continue through February 2009 It took less than six months to deconstruct the 11-story building that once stood at 99 Church Street. With the site now flattened to grade, developer Silverstein Properties will launch construction of a new hotel and residential skyscraper this month.
    The project’s update was reported to Community Board 1 on June 9th by Silverstein’s Development Manager Richard McKinley. He said that the deconstruction moved steadily, with crews removing one floor of the steel-and-concrete structure approximately every two weeks.

Crews from Tishman Construction now turn their attention to building the new, 80-story tower. The original underground bathtub at the site will be reused, though new caissons and piles will be installed to support the 912-foot-tall tower. That below-grade work is being coordinated with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to ensure the 2/3 and E subway lines, which run adjacent to the construction site, are not disrupted.

McKinley said that foundation work for 99 Church Street continues through February 2009, with superstructure to follow through June 2010. As the steel skeleton rises, the concrete curtain wall will follow up the building, about one month behind the superstructure, to help expedite construction.

The new tower, designed by architect Robert Stern, will be home to a 190-room Four Seasons hotel on the lower 22 floors, while the upper floors will house 143 one- to five-bedroom condominiums. At its base, Silverstein has planned an 8,600-square-foot public plaza. That plaza, located mid-block between Church Street and Broadway, will create a pedestrian corridor linking Barclay Street and Park Place.

The building also will include guest, resident, and public underground parking, a new street-level restaurant, a spa, and other amenities.

With initial hotel occupancy slated for January 2011, 99 Church Street is expected to be fully open in July 2011.

© 2008 Lower Manhattan Construction Command Center/LMDC

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by brianac View Post
    ... Crews from Tishman Construction now turn their attention to building the new, 80-story tower ...

Banned Member

For all the criticism we heard about Silverstein during the aftermath of the 9/11 collapse of the WTC, he has proven to be a prolific developer of new buildings in the new millennium.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it.

Default Thank You!

This is great! NO shortening of the tower! Also this seems to be the first tower of this height to be built in the old fashioned way for a while. Will be VERY Interesting to Watch.