Thread: Who's shopping today?

Crabby airline hostess - stache's Avatar

Question Who's shopping today?

I overslept the BB&B sale. Wrapped a couple of presents...

Not me.

I am tired of this shizznit.

I do not mind getting gifts, but it seems more an obligation now than an actual mark of love and kindness. Some of the kids appreciate it more than others, but regardless of actual belief or not, the wholesale willingness of people to celebrate a religious holiday for nothing more than the purchasing of gifts, many luxury items, and nothing else?

I would rather have a few more family dinners or something, you know?

>sorries<

Xmas can get me depressed. I try to do as much as possible early so I don't get overwhelmed.

I know the feeling.

I like online shopping better. But the hard thing is just knowing what your relatives need/want, even if it is not vital.

I know my sisters kids have NDS, but I know they have a TON of games already. I don't exactly want to get them "My Little Pony Poop Cleaner" as a gift, you know?

And that says nothing about my parents. They do so mcuh, but I don't know what my siblings finances are like, so shelling out for a BBQ or TV is hard when they might not have a spare $200/$400 to shell out on a product that I know will give the best bang for those many bucks....

And then there are the commercials, even worse on the kiddie channels. Makes me want to shoot the TV, but I learned from that other guy that that may not be the smartest thing to do!

Seminary in Chelsea had garland up over the Desmond Tutu entrance THE WEEK BEFORE THANKSGIVING. What is up with that???

I buy no Christmas gifts. Not even for nephews. And I give nothing to anyone with means. I do give cash to a few people I know who need it, really need it. In an envelope. And that's it. I can't remember the last time I bought a Christmas gift. If I'm going to a holiday dinner I'll bring a good bottle of something ....wine or good olive oil... but that's it. Birthdays, weddings and other personal celebrations fine, but holiday gifts... nope.
    Last edited by Fabrizio; November 29th, 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Bah! Humbug!

^ Mary Christmas

^ said finocchio to the kettle.

At least get it correct: the word "finocchio" must be preceded by "il" the definite article.

You, on the other hand, are the genuine article.

^ Italian 101 from a genuine pinocchio....who once dreamt of becoming a real boy.

Ma non ti preoccupare...with a preceding article or not, you'll always be a true f'er in my book!