Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 200 West End Ave - Condo - Upper West Side - by Costas Kondylis

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

I find in general that new-build condos don't have big living rooms: accessible bathrooms are mandated by the ADA, and a walk-in closet off the master sells, so the space has to come from somewhere . . . your best bet is an older building.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}

Quote Originally Posted by netbratt View Post
    Why would the abatement be any better than at the two buildings on W. 59th Street? This is an established area so I would expect the taxes to be higher at 200 WEA. Also they don't have flip taxes like this building does. Most folks who want to live on the Upper West Side don't want to live this close to Trumpville and not next to a public school. Some of us also want human-size living rooms, not found in this project.
    I went back to the respective marketing materials, the estimated taxes after 421a tax abatement are similar on a SF basis at 200WEA and 10WEA, but higher at Element.

I believe the public school next door to 200WEA is an elementary school and supposedly a "top" one in manhattan. I'm presuming the "higher" taxes thus come with "better schools"? <shrug>. I don't know what you mean by "flip tax". I think there's a clause to try to discourage immediate flippers, but I don't think there's a co-op esque flip tax in any of these properties that I was aware of.

Walk an avenue west, you're on the river. Walk an avenue east and two blocks north you're on an express stop at broadway. Bottom line is that there aren't that many condos on the UWS. It doesn't hurt to be that close to the express stop either.

For living room concerns, (keeping in mind that it's Manhattan and that I can't speak for resale buildings around here), I felt that on paper the layouts had similar if not more efficient layouts then the before mentioned (and unmentioned) new construction.
    Last edited by spaceboy; March 5th, 2007 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Correction

April 26, 2007:

April 30, 2007

Last edited by krulltime; June 23rd, 2007 at 12:19 AM.

6/30...this one really fits in, and the stone is excellent.

Imagine if the Ariel towers had looked like this.

It's clever the way they've made the windows look double-height by visually combining them. The stone frame around the window openings is a nice touch too. Good looking modern architecture. This should be the norm.

One of the best looking Kondylis towers. Perhaps it's because he's working ith a good developer.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

It just feels sooooo good that ^ replaced this:

Let's hope a grocer goes into the retail space in the base.

Default Seen from the East

Seen from the Nevada, the dark brown building at the center of the skyline in Krulltime's 26 April picture above.

I wish 200WEA had been taller and narrower, but compared to Lincoln Towers anything looks terrific... I hoping for lots of pretty lights at night!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200WEA-July2007img4.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	4441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200WEA-July2007img3.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	4442  

Nice perspective, thanks for the pics. We're always a fan of taller, slimmer towers around here, but it's still a nice building.

Default Any Updates?

Has anyone heard how sales are going (% of building sold) or who's going into the retail space?

There is a rumor in the neighborhood that a supermarket will take the retail space.

Quote Originally Posted by krulltime View Post
    There is a rumor in the neighborhood that a supermarket will take the retail space.

Anyone have any more information on the progress of the sales in the building - looking at buying a place here, but its difficult to get information on the pace/number of sales. Have heard good things though from brokers, but don't know for sure.

Does anyone have any updates on this building? Last I heard it was around 50% sold with closings scheduled as early as December. Yikes. This seems like a quality project that's in a nice area to boot, yet there doesn't seem to be very much hype. What's the problem?

I don't think there's a problem, its just that there haven't been any delays. When I was looking earlier this year, the Avery was due to complete in the summer, but yet I don't think they've started any closings yet. Back then 200WEA was saying they would begin closing in Jan and it looks like they are early. With more time, are more sales.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast