Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 200 West End Ave - Condo - Upper West Side - by Costas Kondylis

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    I don't think there's a problem, its just that there haven't been any delays. When I was looking earlier this year, the Avery was due to complete in the summer, but yet I don't think they've started any closings yet. Back then 200WEA was saying they would begin closing in Jan and it looks like they are early. With more time, are more sales.
    Ah you bring up a good point. I guess I'd just be a little nervous moving into a building that was only half sold upon completion when some other buildings are a lot closer to full by then, but you may be right about the (lack of) delays.

Quote Originally Posted by boogi View Post
    Ah you bring up a good point. I guess I'd just be a little nervous moving into a building that was only half sold upon completion when some other buildings are a lot closer to full by then, but you may be right about the (lack of) delays.
    Yeah, i guess a couple points:
    1) Are units easier to sell when you can see them? My guess is probably yes.
    2) For the one example I gave with the Avery, I think they broke ground early 2006... they have probably been selling for almost two years whereas 200 WEA has been selling for almost one year. Not sure if this really means anything though.
    3) New construction apt buildings will still probably be under partial construction for the first six months of its life anyway since they close the lower floors first and work their way up. In other words, even if the building is 100% sold, the owners will be slowly moving in for the next six(?) months anyway.

I think you should buy what you like because assuming you have "good taste", others should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    I think you should buy what you like because assuming you have "good taste", others should follow.
    That's debatable , but you bring up another good point. Thanks!

I was reading on Streeteasy about this project and somebody wrote:

"The other problem is the taxes after the abatement become prohibitive. Beware!!!"

Since I'm relatively new to the game, would anybody care to explain what this exactly means and why it's not a good thing? Thanks!

Almost done.

December 8, 2007:

Even though it's just another Costas design, it looks pretty neat. Boring but neat.

Anybody know when the residents start moving in?

They already had a move in. They began closings about a week ago.

Ok cool. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boogi View Post
    Does anyone have any updates on this building? Last I heard it was around 50% sold with closings scheduled as early as December. Yikes. This seems like a quality project that's in a nice area to boot, yet there doesn't seem to be very much hype. What's the problem?
    Well, I had a very specific problem. I love the building, live in the area and we decided to check it out. Were looking to buy a 2 bedroom. It was a Sunday and we were casually dressed, jeans t-shirts and sneakers. We had an appointment but the sales manager kept shuffling us around because she had four men in suits in there that she decided were more important than us. I don't care how great the units are, we were so poorly treated I had no interest whatsoever to give my $ to this development. I'm happy to report that we just put the money into a beautiful apartment at the Harrison on 76th street instead.

Thats terrible, whether it was a Sunday afternoon or you live around the corner. You should be treated with respect, they're supposed to be trying to SELL condos.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Yeah, I totally despise shallow salespeople who judge people base on appearance. Probably none of the suits ended up buying.

Oh well, it's their loss.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

1/30/2009

What's in the ground floor?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast