Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 200 West End Ave - Condo - Upper West Side - by Costas Kondylis

Default 200 West End Ave - Condo - Upper West Side - by Costas Kondylis

This one should have its own thread to be documented better.

200 West End Avenue:

Marketing begins for 200 West End Avenue condo

29-DEC-06

Marketing has started for the 27-story residential condominium building under construction at 200 West End Avenue on the southeast corner at 70th Street.

The building will have 191 apartments, 27,000 square feet of retail space and a 76-car garage.

The developer is Clarett Capital LLC, a joint venture between the Clarett Group and Prudential Real Estate Investors and ING/Clarion.

The site is close to Donald Trump's recently completed residential towers along Riverside Boulevard and to recently announced new projects by Extell further south. Occupancy is anticipated for early 2008.

Costas Kondylis & Partners is the architect. It has also designed many of the nearby towers along Riverside Boulevard for Donald Trump.

The Clarett Group's projects include the 55-story Sky House condominium tower under construction at 11 West 29th Street, Place 57, which is under construction at 207 East 57th Street, Chelsea House at 130 West 19th Street, 2770 Broadway, the Montrose at 308 East 38th Street, the Post Toscana at 389 East 89th Street and the Post Luminaria at 385 First Avenue.

The new building will have on-site valet parking, a bicycle room, private storage facilities, 24-hour concierge and hotel-style concierge service provided by Abigail Michaels.

It will also have a children's playroom designed by Peter Sis, a children's book author and illustrator, a wine tasting room designed in collaboration with Wine Enthusiast Magazine, a landscaped community terrace, and amenity spaces designed by Celerie Kemble.

Apartments have floor-to-ceiling windows and Brazilian Cabreuva hardwood flooring, washers and dryers, and kitchens have Shaker-style, white-oak cabinetry, Absolute Black granite countertops with Bianco Lasa marble backsplashes, Viking appliances, and master baths are clad with Bianco Verde marble and have walnut vanities and Waterworks fittings and Zuma tubs.

Alcove studios range in size from 597 to 637 square feet, one-bedroom units range in size from 699 to 968 square feet with a 300-square-foot terrace, two bedrooms range from 1,313 to 1,657 square feet and some have terraces ranging in size from 77 to 1,109 square feet, and three-bedroom units with 1,627 square feet and either 216- or 322-square feet of terrace space, and 3-bedroom penthouses with 1,763 or 2,256 square feet and 98 or 255 square feet of terrace space.

Initial pricing for alcove studios range from $655,000 to $751,000, one-bedroom units range in price from $865,000 to $1,199,000, two-bedroom units range in price from $1,525,000 to $2,275,000, and three-bedroom units start at about $2,624,000.

Copyright © 1994-2007 CITY REALTY.COM INC.

Here is what it was at the site before...

May 27, 2005:

Now...

January 4, 2007:

Cool, you almost got the same exact angle. This tower just seems like a derivative of his other towers around the city. It wouldn't hurt if he was slightly site specific rather than just plugging in formulas. SLCE seem to do this too. I guess they're so popular because they layout units very efficiently while the exterior form is just a cheap afterthought.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Good analysis Derek.

It's still a vast improvement over that one-story thing, although the roadway in those photos seems to have gotten worst.

The Dude Abides

Well, what do you expect when you have so many construction trucks driving by every day?

I have mixed feelings about Costas. I think he's getting better, and he's starting to show a greater range of design. Trump World Tower is still his best work, but this one's really growing on me. I like the proportions and the setbacks. It's nothing exciting, but it looks classy.

I saw this today and I was very NOT impressed. Asking way too much for way too little, fake everything, and very sparse selection of rooms (so far).

I had high hopes...

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman11686 View Post
    Well, what do you expect when you have so many construction trucks driving by every day?

I have mixed feelings about Costas. I think he's getting better, and he's starting to show a greater range of design. Trump World Tower is still his best work, but this one's really growing on me. I like the proportions and the setbacks. It's nothing exciting, but it looks classy.
    Costas 45 Park Avenue for SJP Properties is not bad either
    http://www.45parkave.com/

I liked it. It's going up fast and selling fast.

I like this more then the other new construction on the uws such as the Element/10WEA. One avenue from the river and park, one avenue from broadway. Very close to the express 72 stop and fairway. Close to Lincoln Center and Central Park. Great schools.

Element/10WEA might have "more" amenities, but you typically also pay more in common charges for amenities you may not use. The tax abatement should also be better at 200WEA. Element/10WEA might be in a great neighborhood in 5 years... but 200 WEA is in a great neighborhood right now.

That's my take anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img088.jpg 
Views:	653 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	3646  

12 more floors in less than 8 weeks ...

http://tinyurl.com/2ag28z Front_Porch's Avatar

Not an Upper West Side girl but the "E" (convertible 3) line looks nice. At least there are tubs in both baths; I'm getting a little sick of this master shower nonsense.

ali r.
    {downtown broker}

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    12 more floors in less than 8 weeks ...
    Yeah this one is going up really fast. I can see it from my apartment window already.

Does this building have a website?

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    Does this building have a website?
    Yeah...

www.200wea.com

Default 421-a taxes at 200 WEA

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    I liked it. It's going up fast and selling fast.

I like this more then the other new construction on the uws such as the Element/10WEA. One avenue from the river and park, one avenue from broadway. Very close to the express 72 stop and fairway. Close to Lincoln Center and Central Park. Great schools.

Element/10WEA might have "more" amenities, but you typically also pay more in common charges for amenities you may not use. The tax abatement should also be better at 200WEA. Element/10WEA might be in a great neighborhood in 5 years... but 200 WEA is in a great neighborhood right now.

That's my take anyway.
    Why would the abatement be any better than at the two buildings on W. 59th Street? This is an established area so I would expect the taxes to be higher at 200 WEA. Also they don't have flip taxes like this building does. Most folks who want to live on the Upper West Side don't want to live this close to Trumpville and not next to a public school. Some of us also want human-size living rooms, not found in this project.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast