Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Rushmore at 80 Riverside Blvd - Condo - Upper West Side - by Costas Kondylis

One thing that jumped out as I quickly scanned the ruling was that the original agreement stipulated that buildings should have facades of a certain style and that Extell was using "more glass" than the agreement allowed.

Seeimingly the original agreement was hammered out to try and establish some sort of connection between the new buildings at Riverside West and the classic West End Avenue apartment houses -- something that Trump's buildings failed to achieve and a design regulation that seems ill-conceived.

These buffoons on the UWS complain about this project in a former wasteland, and yet they did nothing to prevent that destruction of beautiful buildings on 72nd and B'Way or the destruction of a stunning, Victorian townhouse on WEA between 85th and 86th Sts.

Moreover, it's my understanding that a beautiful, old church on Amsterdam will be razed.

These jackasses just like to have their loud, obnoxious voices heard a-la Julie Menin.

Default Is the Rushmore ready for occupancy?

I understand The Rushmore has started some closings. Does anyone know if there are people already living in the building? From the outside, it still looks like there is still a lot of construction going on.
    I also heard that the Aldyn construction is going ahead but will not start sales until end of 2009? Does anyone else have news on either the Rushmore or Aldyn?
    Hope the year is starting well for all.
    Pelikan

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

The ALDYN...

In place with info on this one, except Curbed. I found two permits for this area 60 Riverside Blvd and 400 West 63rd Street. Does that mean there are two buildings rising here, one behind the one in the picture?
    Last edited by Tectonic; February 1st, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

Build the Tower Verre antinimby's Avatar

Yes, there will be another new building to rise next to the Aldyn, which you can see next to the twin-towered Rushmore in the below rendering:

Since the Aldyn is the taller of the two towers, I would say that 60 Riverside is its address.

Did I clarify that up for you Skylimitone...errr...Tectonic?

Question New building

What rendering are you speaking of that contains 400 West 63rd st.

In the rendering in Antinimby's post, W63rd St. runs between Rushmore and the Aldyn. So the building south of the Aldyn cannot be 400 W. 63rd. Furthermore, the numbering convention on Riverside Blvd. is 20 per block (e.g., Avery is 100, Rushmore one block south is 80), so it would seem that Aldyn's address would be 60 RSB. My guess is that, since the Aldyn will have a rental section and a condo section, both addresses refer to the Aldyn, with the 60 RSB address referring to the condo tower, and the 400 W.63rd address referring to to the mid-rise rental section.

The Aldyn fronts Riverside Boulevard and 400 West 63rd will front Freedom Place S.

The original SOM plan calls for two buildings between 63rd & 62nd Street between Freedom Place South and Riverside Blvd.. The blocks south of the Rushmore are deeper than those to the north.

Two buildings will also be developed at lot K: 40 Riverside (33 stories) and another 28 story building.

So it's one building with 2 addresses, thus 2 different permits?

As well as two different standpipes? (see pic)

2 buildings 2 addresses. One behind the other.

Got it...are they going to extend 63rd to Riverside Blvd along Rushmore?

Where can I see renderings of these buildings? There seems to be a center atrium or courtyard in the middle of the construction.

Default Rushmore Buyers

We are buyers in the Rushmore and are trying to find other Rushmore buyers to exchange information, thoughts, and begin building a community. If you have purchased a unit in the building and are interested in joining a private discussion board, please email:

RushmoreResidents@gmail.com

Once we receive your email, we'll send you an invitation to join the Rushmore Resident's discussion group.

Please note, we are interested in finding people who have actually purchased in the building so we can start building a community and exchange information and ideas. Please do not reply if you are a broker or a Rushmore/Avery sales agent.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast