Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Rushmore at 80 Riverside Blvd - Condo - Upper West Side - by Costas Kondylis

This link has a good slide show of photos, it shows the interiors of a 4 bedroom unit; it's similar to the 5 bedroom apartment recently purchased by A-rod - but on a lower floor, and with far less stunning views.

http://www.nestseekers.com/27988/rus...side-boulevard

P.S..... In 1999 I was walking in this area looking a the construction sites of some of the new Trump Condos, and a happened to see the famous David Blain: he looked 'UP' at me and waved his hand - from six feet under.

http://www.magicdirectory.com/blaine/buriedalive.shtml
    Last edited by infoshare; February 20th, 2011 at 05:41 PM.

That photo is spectacular: that string of 'average looking' apartment towers has been magically elevated to the status of architecture with a capital "A".

That being said; truth is uglier than fiction: the 'fiction' being - "Good Photography".

I don't know. They're altogether nice in person, if not spectacular. I suppose the average looking might account for that. The newer buildings without vents are better, too.

njphotographer

Old picture, but this angle will look fantastic when the remainder of the Riverside South towers are completed, Riverside Center, Durst's Pyramid @ West 57th, the towers at the Fordham U site, Carnegie 57, 432 Park, 221 West 57th, 1715 Broadway, & 920 Eighth. O what a skyline it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by lofter1 View Post
    The block is within the Landmark district, so there's little chance that the neighbors will be brought down. Getting something great to replace 2 Riverside would require some savvy.

However a developer could assemble a new "Zoning Lot" to make use of the adjacent properties un-used air rights, thereby allowing something sliver-ish to rise at 2 Riverside. This lot touches on four adjacent lots (including old 312 W 73rd around the corner) all of which are ~ 5 stories. The block is Zoned R10A, which according to the Zoning Data Table 4 [pdf] is within a "Higher-Density Residence District" and allows for a FAR of 10.

I'm no zoning expert (and perhaps a zoning idiot), but considering that there are 4 properties adjacent, each built to 5 stories and having 5 available floors of unused FAR, could that mean there are 20 floors available for transfer to 2 Riverside? Add the 10 floors available for the 2 Riverside lot itself and that might bring it up to 30 floors. Sliver indeed.

Given the prominent location it would require a fantastic plan in order to get LPC / CPC approvals.
    Ideally it should be replaced by a mid height residential tower designed by Robert Stern.

Anyone saw the sunset this evening? It was spectacular!

ron.diel

I think I was stalling traffic on the GWB because I was driving slowly and awkwardly as I stared at the spectacle that unfolded in the sky over the river and the skyline, really wishing I brought my camera. The sky was about the same as yours, but it was toned in crimson red colors, with Midtown, the WTC and the Palisades underneath. It looked like a gigantic backdrop of flowing lava.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789