Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fun dating ideas

Default Fun dating ideas

I searched, but there was no thread How did we miss this topic.

Anyways, taking a new girl out on Friday... let's hear it

I always like to make a good first impression. I'll usually take a girl out to Sushi and then to a nice club. I usually pick La Caverna because the prices arent too high, there's nice sofas, and the music isn't soo loud that you can't talk. Another good place to take a date would be an hour or two at duet 35 where you can rent rooms for karaoke.

Have options in your back pocket. If you get somewhere and the scene is dead, or you can tell she's not having a good time, have several back-up plans.

Check movie listings, live music, gallery openings, off Broadway plays. New York has TONS of stuff going on all the time- know what they are (a new fashion beautique opening in SoHo, a book signing party at an independent book store, an indy movie premier, a record release party, etc.). Have a list of things that you know are going on that night, where and when they are. Keep it in your back-pocket, just-in-case.

Take her out to dinner. Take charge, tell her what you have planned. Then, if she doesn't seem into it, throw out some options.

Check:
    http://nyc.flavorpill.net/

I like this topic. Some girls are going to be very happy because of it.

Sean, you didn't say if you owned a car or had use of a car. If you do, use it! This time of year (cold weather), "door-to-door" with a car is premium. This time of year most girls would rather be in a car and go to a slightly less interesting place, if a tradeoff absolutely has to be made.

I'll give the thumbs down on the car idea, because if I'm going on a first date, I hope to God that some sort of liquor is going to be involved. Seriously, nothing beats some good, old-fashioned dinner and drinks. Save the paintball and performance art for later, and take a cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    This time of year (cold weather), "door-to-door" with a car is premium. This time of year most girls would rather be in a car and go to a slightly less interesting place, if a tradeoff absolutely has to be made.
    You can do door-to-door only if by miracle you find a parking space right where you're going. Fat chance.

Gotta forgive Punzi; she's from the 'burbs.

Take cabs; you'll even save money.

well im a girl and i can tell u that the type of date def has to depend on what type of girl she is. So what kind of girl is she? Athletic, outgoing, stuck up?

Ask her if she would like to go back to your apartment immediately, or in about 45 minutes into the date, otherwise, just move on to the next one. This is also money saving.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I searched, but there was no thread How did we miss this topic.

Anyways, taking a new girl out on Friday... let's hear it

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc View Post
    You can do door-to-door only if by miracle you find a parking space right where you're going. Fat chance.
    This is true if Sean lives in Manhattan. But a good percentage of people from the outter boroughs and beyond own cars or have access to cars. If Sean does, he should use it and take the girl to a restaurant that has parking.

Quote Originally Posted by ablarc
    Gotta forgive Punzi; she's from the 'burbs.
    Gotta forgive Ablarc; he doesn't know how many years I lived in NYC until I moved to the 'burbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    take the girl to a restaurant that has parking.
    That sure limits your options.

And anyway, can't you do that anywhere --like for example in the suburbs?

How will you experience the city?

Drive in, park, drive out: you can do that in Memphis.

Heck, why even bother coming to the city? You can just go out to a restaurant in the suburbs. The experence will be similar, and the parking will be free.

Call me conventional but i usually do Dinner, Drinkings Dancing, but i like a women who loves to dance and enjoys a nice meal.

as for the car deal I think if you afford to pay for the parking in a lot then do it, otherwise looking for parking can kill the mood. But as Shad said.. if you are planning on drinking please just take a cab.

ablarc: I dont want to start an argument but when was the last time you took a women out in the burbs vs. manhattan, I have done both on many occations, it is always better to go out in manhattan even witih a car, alot more options and better back up plans.

Well, yes, I have a car... it takes me everywhere I go unless there's heavy drinking involved.

But this thread is not about me! Its about all those young lovers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by shocka View Post
    I dont want to start an argument but when was the last time you took a women out in the burbs vs. manhattan, I have done both on many occations, it is always better to go out in manhattan even witih a car, alot more options and better back up plans.
    Can't start an argument with me, coz I agree with you.

Best of all: going out in Manhattan without a car.

Oh, by the way... I can't dance. I don't really care to learn how, either (at this time)

Well here are some nice Bars i like to visit when trying to sit down and get to know someone. These places tend to have a nicer atmosphere and not as loud music.

Rainbow Room
    In the Summer, I like the bar at Rock
    Flatiron Lounge
    Astoria Beer Gardens (she loved it!)

I would like to hear of other ideas people have done aside from the typical dinner drinks movie ideas.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast