Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed WTC Tower #5 on Liberty Street

Since the PA and Silverstein finalized their agreements, its been reported that the PA was going for an office tower on site 5, but I always thought it to be a misunderstanding, especially considering the PA didn't want anything to do with the Freedom Tower.

I wonder how Silverstein feels about this additional slap in the face. It's likely though, that this was decided then.

Quote Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
    Since the PA and Silverstein finalized their agreements, its been reported that the PA was going for an office tower on site 5, but I always thought it to be a misunderstanding, especially considering the PA didn't want anything to do with the Freedom Tower.

I wonder how Silverstein feels about this additional slap in the face. It's likely though, that this was decided then.
    I thought that the PA was leasing space, along with the city, in the Maki tower.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRider View Post
    Any movement on development dowtown is exciting, but another 100% commercial building is going to create a place that is ultimately a big "dead zone" on evenings & weekends - similar to the old WTC. It doesn't contribute to the 24/7 community and still makes the WTC site a superblock dividing BPC from the rest of Manhattan.

More than anything, I want that hole filled in. I'm not sure if this design with this latest proposed commercial development advances city planning for hte area from what it was pre-9/11.
    There is plenty of new residential and converted old commericial in this area that has made it 24/7. There are now more poeple living south of canal then working there. This site (5) is huge, it should not be wasted on housing

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    I thought that the PA was leasing space, along with the city, in the Maki tower.
    PANYNJ is taking 600,000 sf in Maki and teh city/state are taking thes rest. That building is 100% leased

Quote Originally Posted by londonlawyer View Post
    No, I meant that it was reported they would build a commercial tower. I just took that to be a misunderstanding, but apparently it wasn't.

considering WTC2 is 63 floors and taller than esb, this tower could be huge!

I'm wondering how the design of Tower 5 will work w/ the other WTC towers

Forum Veteran

if they (JP Morgan) buy it outright from PANYNJ, they can design and build whatever they want and it wont have to go into the site plan

Let's not forget that even if this happens, there is an already designed multi-level garage directly in front of the planned boundaries for site 5. Any increase in the footprint could cause big problems.

Forum Veteran

i would bet that if the strike a deal with the PANYNJ, that gragae will be part of the talks. They will not want that in there front door.

Moving the garage is no longer an option. Nothing else available.

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Moving the garage is no longer an option. Nothing else available.

There is talk that Silverstein bought the old Moody's building and that they will build garage there

Do you mean there is talk that Silverstein is buying 99 Church (which he did), or that he is building a garage?

The site is too small.

It has to connect underground with the WTC site.

Silverstein has nothing to do with the garage. The PA would have to buy the property.

Any further delays will turn the entire project from Pataki's millstone to Spitzer's millstone.

Question construction

Has anyone ever lived across from such a large building being built? 10 floors up, would you suppose the construction noise will be intense?

Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ZippyTheChimp View Post
    Do you mean there is talk that Silverstein is buying 99 Church (which he did), or that he is building a garage?

The site is too small.

It has to connect underground with the WTC site.

Silverstein has nothing to do with the garage. The PA would have to buy the property.

Any further delays will turn the entire project from Pataki's millstone to Spitzer's millstone.
    Im telling you and this is from various PA and LS sources that a garage will be built where that tower is, above ground. the underground garage may be killed complely as there is to much security risk. The deal is that PA will actually wind up selling 5 back to Larry, even though that may sound totally unbelievable after all we have been thru

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast